Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 13 Likes Search this Thread
11-23-2021, 02:31 AM - 1 Like   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Idyllic Village
Lens: Pentax 24-70 F2.8 Camera: Pentax K1 Photo Location: Dolomites Italy ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/80s Aperture: F9.5 

11-23-2021, 07:36 AM - 1 Like   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Nice composition - that must have been a great tour in the dolomites!

I've always wanted to hike there.
11-23-2021, 01:05 PM - 1 Like   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You nailed it! The designer of that church obviously intended to match the color and steepness of those peaks, and that come across here. Compositionally, the mountain skyline becomes less interesting at the right edge. A little crop here might be helpful -or finding a viewpoint a little to your right, if that's possible.
11-23-2021, 02:12 PM - 1 Like   #4
Pentaxian

wow, like a fantasy. I recently saw a screensaver of a place like this, if not the same, and I've become enchanted.
thanks for sharing!

11-23-2021, 04:30 PM - 1 Like   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A fairytale shot! Although I'm sure you wished it had included some puffy clouds and a bluer sky. Those can be added in post, of course, but I'm kinda turned off by all the sky enhancement add-ons these days. Shoot what you see!
11-23-2021, 07:27 PM - 1 Like   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great shot! Really enjoying your dolomites shots!
11-23-2021, 08:17 PM - 1 Like   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Really nice shot. And thank you for not oversaturating everythiing as in the current Instagram fashion.

11-23-2021, 08:18 PM   #8

Beautiful scene
11-23-2021, 09:34 PM - 1 Like   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Mystical, magical--and is it really real???
Good image!
Angky.
11-24-2021, 04:17 AM - 1 Like   #10
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by WileyB Quote
Nice composition - that must have been a great tour in the dolomites!

I've always wanted to hike there.
Indeed it was ! There are many more to come, watch this space ;-) . There is no bad time to hike in the Dolomites BTW, it depends on your level of EEE - Enthusiasm, Endurance and Equipment.

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatridger Quote
You nailed it! The designer of that church obviously intended to match the color and steepness of those peaks, and that come across here. Compositionally, the mountain skyline becomes less interesting at the right edge. A little crop here might be helpful -or finding a viewpoint a little to your right, if that's possible.
Thanks Wheatridger for the constructive comment; You are right about the uninteresting mountain/skyline on the right, but I fear that cropping on the right might reduce the "breathing space" for the church. Views ?
11-24-2021, 05:03 PM - 1 Like   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Wow...just wow! What a great shot!
11-25-2021, 01:40 AM - 1 Like   #12
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mikeSF Quote
wow, like a fantasy. I recently saw a screensaver of a place like this, if not the same, and I've become enchanted.
thanks for sharing!
Thank you mikeSF - your comments are highly appreciated, indeed it is enchanting beyond doubt. I'd be happy to receive critical feedback

QuoteOriginally posted by Pknot Quote
A fairytale shot! Although I'm sure you wished it had included some puffy clouds and a bluer sky. Those can be added in post, of course, but I'm kinda turned off by all the sky enhancement add-ons these days. Shoot what you see!
puffy clouds - you bet ! , esp low floating streaks of clouds that still leaves the peaks showing - YES PLEASE . Agree with you on pasting non-existant clouds on a image - my current guilt level, doesnt allow for that

QuoteOriginally posted by dneira29 Quote
Great shot! Really enjoying your dolomites shots!
Thanks dneira - appreciated.
11-25-2021, 01:46 AM   #13
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jbinpg Quote
Really nice shot. And thank you for not oversaturating everythiing as in the current Instagram fashion.
Thanks jbinpg - agree on oversaturation, makes it looks kitsch - IMHO of course. glad that we both agree on that

QuoteOriginally posted by simsburyphoto Quote
Beautiful scene
THank you, glad you enjoyed it

QuoteOriginally posted by angkymac Quote
Mystical, magical--and is it really real???
Good image!
Angky.
Thanks Angky - it is Mystical, Magical and Marvelous. When I first landed on the site "is it really real" were my thoughts as well, I had to pinch myself just to ensure that I was not dreaming. Dolomites is a wonderful place.
12-03-2021, 12:59 PM - 1 Like   #14
Veteran Member

This could be a book cover!
12-03-2021, 02:20 PM - 1 Like   #15

A woderful shot. I particularly like the equilibrium in the composition and the very delicate, dreamy colors. Well done!