Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
12-03-2021, 07:08 PM - 1 Like   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Broken Bouquet
Lens: FA 77 Limited Camera: K-1 ll Photo Location: Golden, CO ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/60s Aperture: F4 

On my weekly photo walk in my closest canyon, I came on this. This is the way I found it, after ten or so masks in the new LR to balance out the tonal values. This scene really deserves a story, but I don't know what it is. A rejected proposal?

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1 Mark II  Photo 
12-03-2021, 07:52 PM   #2
Custom User Title
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I like the colour contrast. since those beautiful flowers don't really belong in the drab environment it really tells a story of 'how they got there'
well done
12-04-2021, 06:07 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I wonder if it might be a child's fistful of flowers that got dropped when s/he had to get in the car to go home?
Angky.
12-04-2021, 09:20 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Where would a child get a fistful of cut roses? This was in a rocky canyon in late fall (last week), not a flower garden.

12-07-2021, 01:02 AM   #5
Pentaxian

The way I read it, there could be in fact two bouquets: one of red roses and 'oeillets' (don't know the English for that one) coming from the florist or a garden; and the yellow dandelions look like they could have been gathered by a kid.
Looks very sad to me: some sort of memorial, commemoration of an accident? A lady and her child could have lost their husband and father here? Or someone's ashes could have been spread here? I can definitely see people crying at this spot.

As for the photo, well, it's correctly exposed and framed; certainly unconventional but it suggests a story (or stories), you see, it made me stop here for a while. So, it must be good
12-08-2021, 10:27 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by victordeamorin Quote
The way I read it, there could be in fact two bouquets: one of red roses and 'oeillets' (don't know the English for that one) coming from the florist or a garden; and the yellow dandelions look like they could have been gathered by a kid.
This was taken around the first of December. Believe me, nothing blooms outdoors in Colorado at this time of year.
03-09-2022, 03:42 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatridger Quote
On my weekly photo walk in my closest canyon, I came on this. This is the way I found it, after ten or so masks in the new LR to balance out the tonal values. This scene really deserves a story, but I don't know what it is. A rejected proposal?
Great idea...I think it would benefit from dark corner vignettes and, possibly, significant cropping.