Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
12-13-2021, 12:59 PM - 1 Like   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Fog
Lens: SMC Pentax-FA 31mm F1.8 AL Limited Camera: K1 II ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/60s Aperture: F11 

Criticizing others, I decided to get it in the face myself) Actually, I figured out the limitation of the number of photos on the site

12-13-2021, 01:48 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Not as visible in the version embedded here, but on Flickr I can see two dust spots, top center and top right.

Reeeally like the foggy mood. The sun poking through, the layers of trees... the subtle colour gradient... but I don't dig the foreground. The tire tracks seem to lead away from the sun to the left, those lines grab my attention. I do like the white blobs on the right, frozen spiderwebs? Some kind of vegetation?
12-13-2021, 02:07 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ehrwien Quote
Not as visible in the version embedded here, but on Flickr I can see two dust spots, top center and top right.

Reeeally like the foggy mood. The sun poking through, the layers of trees... the subtle colour gradient... but I don't dig the foreground. The tire tracks seem to lead away from the sun to the left, those lines grab my attention. I do like the white blobs on the right, frozen spiderwebs? Some kind of vegetation?
You are right, these two spots are difficult to see in the fog.
And it really is a spider web. There is a lot of it on the grass

---------- Post added 12-14-21 at 12:10 AM ----------

Следы шин, кажется, уводят от солнца влево, эти линии привлекают мое внимание
Behind the nearest tree and along the dark border, a river flows a little lower. She adds fog
12-13-2021, 04:39 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I like the sun's framing between the two trees.
Not being much of a photo critic, I can't say much more. But I do agree that the light source would be well augmented by wheel tracks going straight into it. (Why didn't the original drivers accommodate that???)
I really do like the foggy atmosphere.
Glad for your post; thank you.
Angky.

12-13-2021, 08:35 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Fdooch Quote
Criticizing others, I decided to get it in the face myself) Actually, I figured out the limitation of the number of photos on the site
nice shot!
12-13-2021, 09:17 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That's calming, tasty and serene. It's rare that the sun itself is the most distinct element of a photo.
12-15-2021, 06:15 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery

^^This^^ and the composition is somehow (IMHO of course) is a bit out of balance with most "weight" on the right. I'm on the fence WRT the tracks, on one hand, it leads me away from the action, on the other it also gives a bit of mystery to the image, as in the tracks to nowhere. The mood is exceptionally well conveyed and the tones are mellow and very alluring. A human element on the left, or maybe on the tracks itself might have balanced it better (at least in my head ) . Thanks for sharing.

12-15-2021, 08:55 AM - 1 Like   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by angkymac Quote
I like the sun's framing between the two trees.
Not being much of a photo critic, I can't say much more. But I do agree that the light source would be well augmented by wheel tracks going straight into it. (Why didn't the original drivers accommodate that???)
I really do like the foggy atmosphere.
Glad for your post; thank you.
Angky.
In psychology, there is such a thesis that the direction to the left is movement into the past and, accordingly, to the right - into the future.
The road leads to the foggy past. Dawn symbolizes a tender childhood. Indeed, this place is located next to the village where I walked as a child.
The dark big tree on the right is a generational link, a little unsettling and uncertain.
12-15-2021, 10:13 AM   #9
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
In psychology, there is such a thesis that the direction to the left is movement into the past and, accordingly, to the right - into the future.
The road leads to the foggy past. Dawn symbolizes a tender childhood. Indeed, this place is located next to the village where I walked as a child.
The dark big tree on the right is a generational link, a little unsettling and uncertain.
This backstory makes the picture even more special. I did not know about the psycology link , will look it up. Do explain what you mean by generational link ..
12-15-2021, 10:20 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by vijaykishan Quote
This backstory makes the picture even more special. I did not know about the psycology link , will look it up. Do explain what you mean by generational link ..
It is obvious. Relationships are often depicted as a family tree.
12-15-2021, 04:02 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Is that true even for cultures that write right to left (Arabic and Japanese come to mind) instead of left to right?
12-15-2021, 04:20 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Is that true even for cultures that write right to left (Arabic and Japanese come to mind) instead of left to right?
I didn't dig that deep)
12-15-2021, 08:24 PM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Fog

Oh my! What an interesting photo. The "road" is a great leading line pulling your eye into the photo.
Fog always adds so much to photo like this! Well done.
12-28-2021, 08:33 AM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Very nice mood captured here. Quite like this image. That said, I might have lowered the camera a tiny bit for less sky, and I think I would've tried to lift the shadows a tad to get a little more detail in the vegetation.
12-28-2021, 09:32 AM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by markduq Quote
Oh my! What an interesting photo. The "road" is a great leading line pulling your eye into the photo.
Fog always adds so much to photo like this! Well done.
Thanks

---------- Post added 12-28-21 at 07:35 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Madaboutpix Quote
Very nice mood captured here. Quite like this image. That said, I might have lowered the camera a tiny bit for less sky, and I think I would've tried to lift the shadows a tad to get a little more detail in the vegetation.
In some ways you are right. This suggests panoramic framing. But on the left, there is simply an uninteresting flat field, and the advantage would be on the right. About the shadows. On the one hand, it is very difficult to edit fog. Get carried away a little and you will lose the mysterious haze. On the other hand, the dark foreground seems to indicate that it is still dark at the shooting location and something is coming.