Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
12-21-2021, 02:55 PM - 1 Like   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Low Tide
Lens: DA 18-135 Camera: K-50 Photo Location: Puget Sound ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/200s Aperture: F13.5 

I wish there was something a little more interesting in the foreground but I like the color and composition.

12-21-2021, 06:35 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Well, what some may wish in the foreground-- I find this foreground to b absolutely perfect for the environment.
This is a great image of exactly how these low tide beaches look.
And the clouds of Puget Sound look like real life.
Angky.
12-21-2021, 06:41 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by angkymac Quote
Well, what some may wish in the foreground-- I find this foreground to b absolutely perfect for the environment.
This is a great image of exactly how these low tide beaches look.
And the clouds of Puget Sound look like real life.
Angky.
Thanks! I like it too, but I'm always hoping for something spectacular. In this case the clouds are real and not something added by Photoshop.
12-22-2021, 01:21 AM - 1 Like   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I see hints of diagonal composition with the rocks alinged from low-left and going up - which is a good and is adding to the overall composition. The clouds are offering a fantastic structure and could use more space in the frame. One of the thought/idea could be to go lower, wider and closer to one of the rocks strewn and try to get the texture as a foreground interest. The dramatic clouds could then a made to complement it. Glad to know that PP trickery was not used for clouds . All the best.

12-22-2021, 03:52 PM - 1 Like   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by vijaykishan Quote
I see hints of diagonal composition with the rocks alinged from low-left and going up - which is a good and is adding to the overall composition. The clouds are offering a fantastic structure and could use more space in the frame. One of the thought/idea could be to go lower, wider and closer to one of the rocks strewn and try to get the texture as a foreground interest. The dramatic clouds could then a made to complement it. Glad to know that PP trickery was not used for clouds . All the best.
Great suggestions! Thanks!
12-29-2021, 05:25 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It is difficult to criticize something here. Perhaps a lower shot point would be more beneficial. But this is an assumption. As for this picture, you can try to save it by cropping it in thirds from the left and bottom. This will fix the composition. But there is nothing to catch the eye in the picture. By color - there is too much magenta in blue, which makes it messy. Unpleasant shade in the middle of the beach. The only thing that attracted attention was the golden specks like a scattering of golden sand. But they conflict with buoys on the water and with distant buildings.
12-29-2021, 09:26 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Beautiful blues and interesting lighting… we’re there trees behind you?

12-30-2021, 01:40 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jab2980 Quote
Beautiful blues and interesting lighting… we’re there trees behind you?
Thanks! From memory there weren't any trees close behind, just more beach.

QuoteOriginally posted by Fdooch Quote
It is difficult to criticize something here. Perhaps a lower shot point would be more beneficial. But this is an assumption. As for this picture, you can try to save it by cropping it in thirds from the left and bottom. This will fix the composition. But there is nothing to catch the eye in the picture. By color - there is too much magenta in blue, which makes it messy. Unpleasant shade in the middle of the beach. The only thing that attracted attention was the golden specks like a scattering of golden sand. But they conflict with buoys on the water and with distant buildings.
I like the suggestion of getting lower, I should have tried that. As you say, and as I said originally there is nothing that stands out to catch the eye which I think it the biggest weakness. I didn't do any targeted color adjustments, they are what the camera saw and I think pretty accurate for the scene.
12-30-2021, 02:14 PM - 1 Like   #9
Pentaxian

As others have said, I like the way the rocks and the rivulets lead the eye naturally to the wave-less water - a great image of peace and serenity.
12-30-2021, 09:03 PM - 1 Like   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by 35mmfilmfan Quote
As others have said, I like the way the rocks and the rivulets lead the eye naturally to the wave-less water - a great image of peace and serenity.
Thanks! "Rivulets" is the word I was looking for. How you describe the scene is how I see it too.
01-04-2022, 04:08 AM   #11
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There is enough foreground interest, but it lacks the viewpoint. Going lower would emphesize the rocks and give you even more lead in the photo
01-05-2022, 09:10 PM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Macario Quote
There is enough foreground interest, but it lacks the viewpoint. Going lower would emphesize the rocks and give you even more lead in the photo
I agree, going lower could improve the image. Thanks for commenting!