Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-15-2022, 05:59 PM   #31
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I like this last one - the lights are lights, but the rest is so natural-looking. It is an image you just keep on looking at.

01-15-2022, 07:21 PM   #32

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by K2 to K50 Quote
I like this last one - the lights are lights, but the rest is so natural-looking. It is an image you just keep on looking at.
Thank you so much.
01-16-2022, 08:45 PM   #33
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Phyllis Quote
Forecast called for 1-3” of snow overnight and I awoke to 9+” this morning. I grabbed my K-1 and hit the streets by 6:30, yet it was kinda dark and very cloudy still. I saw this scene this morning and as this was my first time using this gently used lens, I used no flash and all of the auto features. This is a jpg from the RAW file, scaled down for web. Standard color.

When I went to process this image, it intrigued me as there is very little color in it. My question for everyone, should I edit the light pole guide wire and the partially hidden traffic cone out or leave them? Should I make this a B&W image or leave it as a color image; which one would be stronger? I know I can edit it both ways and then see, just wanting to get others’ thoughts on it first.

I’m not very adept at cloning large scale items out so any editing to remove things will take me time and be a learning curve. I appreciate your thoughts.
A combination of some of the comments would make this very interesting in my mind. I would clone out the pole's guide wire, up the exposure a bit to whiten the snow but leave in the tiny bits of color with the cone and the pale yellow of the lights. As for adjusting the horizon, that would be a choice on your part but I think it looks fine.
01-17-2022, 06:50 AM   #34

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Photos-by-Chas Quote
A combination of some of the comments would make this very interesting in my mind. I would clone out the pole's guide wire, up the exposure a bit to whiten the snow but leave in the tiny bits of color with the cone and the pale yellow of the lights. As for adjusting the horizon, that would be a choice on your part but I think it looks fine.
Thank you for your input. I’m continuing to work on it.

01-18-2022, 07:34 AM - 2 Likes   #35

Original Poster
Back to the original color version with the guide wire and traffic cone edited out and image straightened. The very little hint of color in the lights and the front of the building at the top is interesting. Trying to brighten and/or lighten the snow blows the whites out too much and they become jarring to the eye. I have tried editing this image in so many different ways and have many to choose from. Funny how i ended up back near the beginning. Thanks to all for input.
Attached Images

01-24-2022, 08:22 AM   #36
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I like the snow shovel but it is your image. This way it would make a beautiful christmas card or somthing. with the shovel the market would be less but I still love the shovel. I handed over my camera to a friend a couple of days ago and she took a photo of me, I looked terrible unshaven grey hair wrinkles baggy eyes the whole works but it has so much character I love the photo even though I look 10 years older than i am.
01-24-2022, 01:54 PM   #37
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kombivan Quote
I like the snow shovel but it is your image. This way it would make a beautiful christmas card or somthing. with the shovel the market would be less but I still love the shovel. I handed over my camera to a friend a couple of days ago and she took a photo of me, I looked terrible unshaven grey hair wrinkles baggy eyes the whole works but it has so much character I love the photo even though I look 10 years older than i am.
I'm not seeing a snow shovel in that photo. Can someone tell me where it is?

01-24-2022, 08:40 PM   #38

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kombivan Quote
There was no snow shovel in this image. I edited out the guide wire behind the bench and a partially covered traffic cone to the right of the image.

---------- Post added 01-24-22 at 09:40 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Photos-by-Chas Quote
I'm not seeing a snow shovel in that photo. Can someone tell me where it is?
There was no snow shovel in this image. I edited out the guide wire behind the bench and a partially covered traffic cone to the right of the image.
01-25-2022, 11:11 AM   #39
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Phyllis Quote

---------- Post added 01-24-22 at 09:40 PM ----------

I was aware there was no snow shovel in the photo, I was wondering where Kombivan got the idea of one that was in any way related to your photo. That is why I quoted his message. I guess it is now rhetorical.