Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-11-2022, 06:38 PM   #1
Closed Account

Minamalist Basketball Goal
Lens: Pentax smc m-50mm f1.7 Camera: Pentax k-s2 Photo Location: Beckley, WV, USA ISO: 400 Shutter Speed: 1/5000s Aperture: F1.7 

I use to be really into minimalist photos - I think I'll post some of them here in the next few days (or this evening).

This photo is nothing to brag about, but it is minimalist. I must have shot hundreds of thousands, or even millions, of basketball shots at this backboard and rim as a child. Ironic, it has been many years since it's known a basketball touching it or going through it. Anyone feel sad for the basketball goal? (smiles!)...

Anyways, if you had to pick just one minimalist photo to keep, which would it be....

Regular photo

Sepia version of that photo

Black & white version of that photo

Black & white version #2 of that photo

Different photo perspective

Different photo perspective desaturated

03-11-2022, 10:14 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
If it's about the minimalism (of which I know almost nothing), I would like the basic photo #1 and the B&W version #3.
I'm also intrigued by the story it inspired (which is my interest in seeking minimalist shots).
A lost purpose for that basketball hoop?
Interesting...
Angky.
03-14-2022, 06:25 PM   #3
Closed Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by angkymac Quote
If it's about the minimalism (of which I know almost nothing), I would like the basic photo #1 and the B&W version #3.
I'm also intrigued by the story it inspired (which is my interest in seeking minimalist shots).
A lost purpose for that basketball hoop?
Interesting...
Angky.

Thanks for your reply.

I'm only going to keep 2 images.
I can't decide on whether I like this 2nd image with the orange square on the blackboard, or if I like it all black and white. What do members think?

Orange square:

or all black and white - this one takes away the blue tone at the top of the image also:
03-14-2022, 06:44 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

To my (virtually uneducated) notion, I would like the slight almost undetectable color one over the pure B&W.
It carries the same B&W essence, but the ever so slight hint of blue makes a slight palette for the image.
Seems to bring it "to life'--in my estimation.
Angky.

03-14-2022, 10:06 PM   #5
Closed Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by angkymac Quote
To my (virtually uneducated) notion, I would like the slight almost undetectable color one over the pure B&W.
It carries the same B&W essence, but the ever so slight hint of blue makes a slight palette for the image.
Seems to bring it "to life'--in my estimation.
Angky.

Thank you. That's 2 votes for that one. Keeping it and deleting the b&w
03-15-2022, 06:50 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Michael Piziak Quote
Thank you. That's 2 votes for that one. Keeping it and deleting the b&w
Looking at the two of them again, I agree with what I said, and even more convinced the slight coloring makes it the better image.
I'm thinking you made a good choice.
Angky.
03-16-2022, 02:39 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Even more minimal...I would crop off about 1/2 the blank area at the top for balance. I like the original color.