Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-17-2008, 08:00 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Am I being too hard on myself?

ever since I've used John's background switcher, I've been bombarded with (mostly) excellent images every 30 minutes I sit on my computer. It kinda made me set my bar a bit higher and some images that i have now just seems... lacking.

i just would like some opinions on these, am I just being too hard on myself? The one that I still kinda like is the bike one.

12-17-2008, 08:48 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
They seem a little flat. Have you tried bumping up the contrast or applying a high pass filter in photoshop?

Ray
12-17-2008, 09:03 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Well, I am no professional, but here are my impressions...

#1 - The image is way to busy, the leaves on top and the reflection of the leaves in the water are just to distracting.

#2 - I reallyu like. The use of negative space is very creative and making it B&W kind of sets a somber tone as if you were emulating the emotion of the car that knows its being sold and is sad about it.

#3 - I also like because of the high conrast post processing, I dont think it would of worked in color, but the Sephia is right on because it adds just the right amount of softness to it where as making it a B&W may of been too harsh still.

#4 - I dont know if the vignetting was intentional but that is really the only artistic quality i can find in that photo. I am assuming that the focus of the image is the boat, but the framing doesnt do it for me.

That is my $.02
12-17-2008, 09:25 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I forgot to add that I was considering to delete all three of them other than the bike picture at one point. Thanks for the comments so far =)

@sawtooth: the first and third one is intentionally "flat", I was experimenting with orton. I bumped up the contrast for the rest already. I think the fourth one seems flat also becaue of the size.
@buddha: yes, the vignetting was intentional. I guess there really isnt a point (story) to that picture, is there?