Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
08-13-2022, 03:17 AM - 1 Like   #1

Ordesa
Lens: Sigma 35 mm art Camera: Pentax kp Photo Location: Ordesa ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/80s Aperture: F11 

Hello ! New to the forum and first post, holiday photo in the Pyrenees. What do you think . Cheers

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
08-13-2022, 08:31 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by aki Quote
Hello ! New to the forum and first post, holiday photo in the Pyrenees. What do you think . Cheers
welcome to the site, A very nice picture.
08-13-2022, 01:08 PM - 1 Like   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum!

the brightest and most eye-catching parts of this scene are the rock faces and ridge cutting across the sky, and the clouds make the sky interesting.
The small light colored houses stand out from the cloud shadow and add a sense of scale.
Overall exposure it good.
If you had taken 3-4 steps to your left, you would have had a better scene of peaks and clouds without the right side foreground being obscured by a slope. and a few steps backward would allow you to get the left side of the ridge and peaks.
As composed, cropping a bit more off the left and the right would emphasize the vertical heights and scale of the scene.
08-13-2022, 01:13 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Nice shot.

08-13-2022, 10:51 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
My personal preference would be for a bit more clarity and contrast. The photo is very nice. Welcome aboard. I am an amateur.
08-13-2022, 11:50 PM   #6
PJ1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Interesting shot. I would love to do some hiking in the Pyrenees. And welcome to the Forums.
08-14-2022, 01:34 AM   #7
aki

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
Welcome to the forum!

the brightest and most eye-catching parts of this scene are the rock faces and ridge cutting across the sky, and the clouds make the sky interesting.
The small light colored houses stand out from the cloud shadow and add a sense of scale.
Overall exposure it good.
If you had taken 3-4 steps to your left, you would have had a better scene of peaks and clouds without the right side foreground being obscured by a slope. and a few steps backward would allow you to get the left side of the ridge and peaks.
As composed, cropping a bit more off the left and the right would emphasize the vertical heights and scale of the scene.
Hi , thanks , the composition was difficult to do because i had only a 35 mm and the land more irregularities that i could not stay were i wanted for the precipites

---------- Post added 08-14-22 at 01:34 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by PJ1 Quote
Interesting shot. I would love to do some hiking in the Pyrenees. And welcome to the Forums.
thanks , it is so pretty

---------- Post added 08-14-22 at 01:36 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by mroeder75 Quote
My personal preference would be for a bit more clarity and contrast. The photo is very nice. Welcome aboard. I am an amateur.
thanks

08-14-2022, 09:20 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Incidentally, most of my picture posts are shared here from my Flickr page, and by doing so here can click on your image and see your full-sized image and then we may see the greater clarity in your full-size image, and that my above comments may be entirely irrelevant; it is a beautiful image.
08-15-2022, 01:51 AM   #9
aki

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mroeder75 Quote
Incidentally, most of my picture posts are shared here from my Flickr page, and by doing so here can click on your image and see your full-sized image and then we may see the greater clarity in your full-size image, and that my above comments may be entirely irrelevant; it is a beautiful image.
All the comments of my picture are welcomed , but sometimes i have not times to write because i am thinking about what people said . This pic was taken a brightly day , with more sun anf few contrast , in fact i put more contrast than it was . And i don not know what say about clarity,....perphaps yes or no ........I think about Flickr ......