Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
01-27-2023, 12:07 PM - 2 Likes   #1

HDR with the K-70
Lens: DA-L 18-55 Camera: K-70 Photo Location: Texas ISO: 800 Shutter Speed: 1/1000s Aperture: F5.6 

First attempts at HDR.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-70  Photo 
01-28-2023, 08:23 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Nice shot!

There is a halo effect on top line of the trees, but average audience never notes it. Only enthusiast and professional photographers will point it out.

I often take A-HDR shots on my KP. They come out quite acceptable, most of the time, with no halo effect. When I used to use the A-HDR feature on my K-S2 (now dysfunctional due to shutter block problem), halo effect was much more frequently noticeable. Again, my following of 500 people on my non-professional Facebook page, who were mostly my relatives and friends, never noticed the halo effect. But pages of enthusiast and professional Pentax users pointed them out.

A-HDR shots by KP were recently admired by a lot of members of Pentaxians page on FB, although they could be more embracing of them because they were taken during a trip to the UK.
01-28-2023, 08:54 AM - 1 Like   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I agree that the built-in HDR feature for the Pentax camera produces better dynamic range without the 'overcooked" look that usually results in postprocessing. It looks like you have detail in the shadows but the sky is not blown out, so it's a good start. When it comes to HDR, practice and experimentation are critical to getting the image which pleases you.

Last edited by robgski; 01-28-2023 at 09:17 AM.