Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-22-2023, 09:04 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I found the vertical crop a little too tight.

11-23-2023, 04:53 AM - 1 Like   #17
Forum Member

Original Poster
Another crop variant, as suggested, more tight horizontal version. I think this is pretty good, goes nicely together with a vertical one, but not as tight.

I think this might be a conclusion, at least I am very happy with an end result. Thank you all for input, very much appreciated!
11-25-2023, 12:52 PM   #18
Forum Member

I think the photo is just beatiful. I am a beliver in the theory that fog makes nearly every mondane location look interesting, sometimes even spooky. Great shot!
11-25-2023, 01:03 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Have you tried changing the picture to black and white? I agree that lightening the tree on the left and or croping helps the remove or soften the tree as I find it distracting. The fog is what makes the scene in my opinion.

11-25-2023, 04:04 PM   #20
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Peter G Quote
Have you tried changing the picture to black and white? I agree that lightening the tree on the left and or croping helps the remove or soften the tree as I find it distracting. The fog is what makes the scene in my opinion.
Yes, I did, but it is no good. There is no reason for this picture to be black and white and it does not seem to benefit the picture in any way. Plus, it is not only a fog, but the mood, to which this brown toning adds a lot.

---------- Post added 11-25-23 at 04:05 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by småfix Quote
I think the photo is just beatiful. I am a beliver in the theory that fog makes nearly every mondane location look interesting, sometimes even spooky. Great shot!
Thank you!
11-26-2023, 03:30 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by misterx Quote
Yes, I did, but it is no good. There is no reason for this picture to be black and white and it does not seem to benefit the picture in any way. Plus, it is not only a fog, but the mood, to which this brown toning adds a lot.

---------- Post added 11-25-23 at 04:05 PM ----------

Thank you!
I re-looked at your image with respect to the brown toning. I agree with you. The tone sets a different mood from B&W.