Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-13-2009, 12:36 AM   #1
Inactive Account

First Model Shoot/Last Shoot w/ K10D
Camera: K10D ISO: --- Shutter Speed: --- Aperture: --- 

Well this was my last shoot with my Pentax K10D and it was my first experience w/ model photography as well. It was a lot harder than I thought it would be. Its tough getting the picture you have framed in your mind to transfer over to what you capture w/ your camera. I think the hardest part of the experience was actually just giving out instructions to the model on how to pose haha. I ended up showing the model what I meant by demonstrating the pose myself which seemed pretty hilarious. This may be my last shoot w/ my K10D but I'll still be around since I'll be picking up a Pentax film SLR for photography class Anyways, here are the pictures. Please give me your constructive criticism. These aren't all the pictures from the shoot but just a small sample

Model: LorielynC

Camera: Pentax K10D
Exposure: 0.008 sec (1/125)
Aperture: f/4.5
ISO Speed: 100
Exposure Bias: 0/10 EV

Exposure: 0.006 sec (1/180)
Aperture: f/5.6
Focal Length: 120 mm
ISO Speed: 100

Strobist Info:

1 Sigma EF-500 DG Super w/ Beauty Dish @ 1/4 Power 4ft away aimed at upper body Camera Right

1 Reflector Camera Left to try and neutralize shadows on face

Exposure: 0.006 sec (1/180)
Aperture: f/11
Focal Length: 28 mm
ISO Speed: 400

Strobist Info:

1 Sigma EF-500 DG Super w/ Beauty Dish @ 1/4 Power 4ft away aimed at upper body Camera Right

01-13-2009, 12:49 AM   #2
Damn Brit

Beautiful model, very natural looking.

#1 is the best shot, but the model is too centered. It can be fixed by cropping, I would crop from the right up to and including the vertical railing.
#2 I think the handrail following her leg is distracting.
#3 Would have been much better if you were further away and further below her. At the moment the frame is too tight on her body and the perspective isn't very interesting.
01-13-2009, 07:41 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
While I agree with Gary on #2, it's still my fav - I didn't notice the leg/rail think until he mentioned it. What I did notice right away is the fantastic model-background separation you got and the subtle but noticable lighting on her. I like number 1 a lot at well, looks very natural.