Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-13-2009, 12:56 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Looking for some PP feedback
Camera: k10d ISO: --- Shutter Speed: --- Aperture: --- 

Just began tinkering with LR, wanted to see how my earlies efforts were being recieved.

before:

after

i have a few others in the User photo gallery, but this was the before/after i really liked the most i think

01-13-2009, 01:16 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi Jm

What I see and think are just my point of view and opinion

The first has a natural look to the color, where as the second image looks over-sharpened (or something degrading the image) and too much saturation overall

I think that you could have brought out some detail in the shadows under the pergola but they have all disappeared in your PP copy

I also think cropping out the fountain was a mistake it added to the image.

Hope I have helped

Taff
01-13-2009, 01:23 AM   #3
Inactive Account

I agree with Taff, over-saturated, everything about the shot that looked natural is gone. And there is an issue with compression artifacts.

A curves adjustment to lift the shadows would work.

Is this from a P&S camera or a SLR?

If you want to send me your original file I can edit it using my own workflow and then explain to you what I have done.
01-13-2009, 06:43 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
its from a k10d

the reason why i cropped the spout out is because i disliked the pvc pipe below it. to get rid of one, either the spout went or i chopped off some of the stand. i didnt love the spout that much to keep it or try cloning

actually, the over saturation looks closer to the blues that were seen. what comes across in the original isnt how it looked, just how it was captured, because im sure ive got some settings a little off.

i can try the curves next....i just finally got into LR and was simply tinkering with settings to see what looked nice to me, before i dove into the lesson books and eventually, instructor led sessions.

thanks

01-13-2009, 10:49 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster

perhaps this one works better? i don't know that i like the crop, but I dislike the pvc pipe in the lower right, and I havent gotten into cloning things out yet.

just used the tone curve as suggested. i think this could be a happy medium, no?

definetly thinking if work allows, i may look into a hands on seminar in the city, tho the books have been helpful