Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-08-2009, 08:33 AM   #1

Daffidols
Lens: 135mm Camera: DS ISO: 200 

Taken with the manual lens K135/f3.5 don't remember what aperture it was.

James

Attached Images

05-04-2009, 11:22 AM   #2
AlexD

Re: Daffidols

Sorry no one has commented yet...

This is a beautiful photo. Not all flower pics "stand out" or "pop", but to me this one does. Superb composition, I love those lightly blurred flowers in the background, nicely complementing the sharp foreground subjects. Good choice of DOF and shooting angle.

Not sure what you can do to improve, though a little brightness boost might help, along with cloning out the whitish tip of a leaf peeking on the right.
05-05-2009, 11:16 AM   #3
Millionth Poster!
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Maybe get a little closer and lower will make the flowers pop off the screen
05-09-2009, 09:57 AM   #4
K-9
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I agree about getting a little lower for the composition, as the flowers in the foreground look a little awkwardly spaced from the foreground ones to me. Getting lower will fill the gap. Some warmer and brighter light would also help.

05-09-2009, 10:19 AM   #5

Photos: Gallery
I agree with getting a little lower in the composition, I'd be inclined to enlarge the fore ground flowers and through cropping, shift image to the left to enhance open space to the right of the daffidols. The direction the daffidols are facing seem to demand more open space to the right. I really like the mood and lighting in your shot, there certainly is some magic in them old lenses. Cheers