Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-08-2009, 10:06 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Mortar and Pestle
Lens: 97.5mm Camera: K200D ISO: 1600 Shutter Speed: 1/20s Aperture: F4 

Hi,

I am quite new to photography but have been trying a few different things...
Something I was inspired by recently was seeing pictures of 'mundane' household items made into a very nice images; such as home made bread and pizza making tools. I thought I would have a go at something similar.

Please let me know what you think cheers

Shot was taken with 55-300mm lens, not the most ideal I guess but I don't have much else as yet!

05-08-2009, 01:01 PM   #2
Dom

Nice
05-08-2009, 05:25 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Nice shot.
Good composition.

Two thoughts:

The background feels too far away. The perspective is off.
The little table edge is distracting. I'd either have no table edge or more table edge.

It's nice to see someone looking for a good pic in a still life.

be well,
joe
05-08-2009, 08:53 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Still life is not normally something I would be interested in, but thought I would give it a go..

I see what you mean about the little table edge, it is distracting. I wasn't quite sure what to do with it when I took the photo.
Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated.

05-09-2009, 09:47 AM   #5
K-9
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
There's too many things competing for my eye. That large object in the background should be eliminated. It's a shot so devoid of color, it would probably benefit switching to black and white. Then use a light, uncluttered background to make the darker objects in the foreground stand out.