Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-05-2009, 02:48 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Hike through the Swiss Alps
Lens: 18mm Camera: K20D ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/350s Aperture: F9.5 

Ok so the ISO really was 250, Aperture f/9 and Shutter speed was 1/320s but those choices werent available in the pull down menus (I use 3rd stops, not halves). This was taken while walking up to a little lake high up in the Swiss Alps about a week ago. We started out in the valley WAAAAY below. Very minimal PP was done with a resize in PSE. What are your thoughts?

Attached Images

09-06-2009, 01:08 AM   #2
Damn Brit

Pretty good, nice diagonals from the intersecting hillsides. It would have been nice to see more foreground and less sky. We don't really need to see the sky that's above the clouds. With the lack of foreground, the steep dropoff kind of plunks the viewer right into the middle of the picture.
I would probably have selected f/16 for this shot,it looks like it was quite a bright day.
09-06-2009, 03:40 AM   #3

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
There really wasnt much foreground to include in the picture as I was standing at the edge of a cliff that was about 150ft tall lol. I was trying to go for the sky only taking up about 1/3rd of the shot but I guess I included too much here huh?
I had actually taken quite a few shots at this spot and this was the one that turned out the best. Any larger an aperture # and you couldnt see the trees on the hill on the right that are covered in shadows from the clouds.
This was all after hiking a trail 1500meters long that went up 500 meters in altitude wearing flip-flops on! Was hard taking the shots between panting for breath.