Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-06-2009, 04:47 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Trapped Tumble Weed
Lens: 28mm Camera: K10 ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/25s Aperture: F9.5 

This is the first time I have posted in this area of the forum. I wish I would have started this some time ago..

I will be traveling with some new friends in the Southwest so I will be posting more with that SW ambiance. Look forward to your input.

Thanks for your time.

John

09-06-2009, 04:52 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Looks a bit like a ear John and let's hope we can get a few as good as this one. Love the lighting on this one. Is this the full shot or is there room on the right left.. ?? Nor sure about the darker area on the left though I am sure it was difficult to get the full lighting you would have liked. Look forward to learning from you and the others. Cheers bud. JIM
09-06-2009, 06:30 PM   #3
Pentaxian

You did a really good job on this one. I like the color and the simplicity. How did you provide the light?
09-06-2009, 06:57 PM   #4
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Creative photo.
Lighting's bringing out the texture and the elements complement each other well.
Thanks for sharing.

09-06-2009, 09:41 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jimbo Quote
Looks a bit like a ear John and let's hope we can get a few as good as this one. Love the lighting on this one. Is this the full shot or is there room on the right left.. ?? Nor sure about the darker area on the left though I am sure it was difficult to get the full lighting you would have liked. Look forward to learning from you and the others. Cheers bud. JIM
Jim you flatter me, for this one and several others in this series I had the ad of a good photographer by the name of Jackson bridges, he has been shooting these canyons for many years, hopefully I remember some of what he taught me. I look forward to putting to use again here very soon.

QuoteOriginally posted by Pioneer Quote
You did a really good job on this one. I like the color and the simplicity. How did you provide the light?
This was shot when the sun was almost directly over head of the canyon and the sun light did all the work, be it soft and muted. Just try to imagine what the light was truly like, this is a 25 sec exposure

QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Creative photo.
Lighting's bringing out the texture and the elements complement each other well.
Thanks for sharing.
Thanks for the compliment.

Just wanted to let you all know this was not 1/25 exposure it was 25 sec.
09-06-2009, 11:23 PM   #6
Damn Brit

I think you were too close John, the tumbleweed should be smaller in the frame IMO.