Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-13-2009, 06:23 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
B Day Party pics

1st shot at a party for the grand kids. Looking to go part time pro so i would like some hard feed back Thanks

K20d kit 18 50 and matz flash

ok do your worst

09-14-2009, 01:48 AM   #2
Damn Brit

I hate to say this, but you have a long way to go.
These are just snapshots.
09-14-2009, 05:24 AM   #3
K-9
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
The colors don't quite look as punchy as they should, at least on my screen.
09-14-2009, 06:31 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Wow.. they are so cute.... hmmm.. let see... to be honest... I'm really a big fan of snapshots...

Okay. Use a software to edit them:
Picture #1: Blurry. More sharpness and crop the white thing below the kid.. and because I love mono... make it B&W.

Picture #2: mY favorite pict. adjust the brightness a lil bit and a twist of contrast/shadow until your satisfied with the outcome... No mono, just colored. and last but not the least, crop the edge of the chair on the left. and oh.. add some vignette.

Picture #3: Wow. nice snapshot. first, crop the red thing on the left side below the gift. Then adjust the brightness and a lil bit of contrast / shadow until your satisfied with the outcome.

Picture #4: Cute. Crop and focus both of them. making them the center of your portrait. adjust the brightness and contrast and.... mono for me...

Picture #5: sweeT! Crop and make them the center of your portrait. adjust the brightness and lil bit of contrast... lastly... mono if you like.

You can make your pictures look more lively by putting a lil effort adjusting the Brightness and contrast/shadows...

Enjoy!

09-14-2009, 03:52 PM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks well that gives me some stuf to look into

think i over thought a few of them
09-14-2009, 03:56 PM   #6
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Here's what I see. All but one, they are looking at you. Try some candid shots where they aren't looking at you. Capture a particular moment instead of the standard snap shot.
09-14-2009, 05:04 PM   #7

Original Poster
I think this is what you are trying to get in my head

09-14-2009, 06:48 PM   #8
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Still looks like she's staring straight at you.

Your last photo above would be what I was talking about.
09-14-2009, 07:05 PM   #9
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

It's hard to give C&C to family photos as they're so personal and not meant to satisfy all the technical details of a great photo.

But as said, these are snapshots and can only be treated as such, and thus are limited to what one can advise on.

Of course the obvious, exposure, contrast, colour and sharpness, can be improved, but beyond this there's not much to say.

Just keep at it and work on technique - composition & framing, DoF and lighting.
09-14-2009, 07:13 PM   #10
Damn Brit

To add to what Ash said, check out Rule of Thirds, the Wikipedia page on it is pretty good.
Hang out in this forum (critique) and study the pictures and what people say about them. It's easier to learn what is right and wrong about someone else's pictures then you can apply that to your own.
Don't be frightened of commenting either, if someone disagrees with you, that's cool, there might be two options, alternatively you will think about what was said in disagreement and revise your thoughts. Everything adds to the knowledge.