Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-07-2009, 10:32 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
What Others
Lens: 70mm Camera: K100d ISO: 400 Shutter Speed: 1/200s Aperture: F8 

I spend most weekends at a California skydiving drop zone where my wife is an instructor. I've been using the opportunity to take shots for their website's "Around the Drop Zone" section. For the most part it's something akin to street photography. This past weekend I captured the shot below, near sunset so the golden glow is honest. I've cropped the shot a tad, slightly tweeked exposure, and resized. Otherwise it's as delivered from the camera. Thanks for the feed back and suggestions. Just a comment on the picture as it is - I like how the tree and branches in the background sort of visually make a frame around the couple and how everyone else in the photo is busy or obviously focused on something else and the couple is only focused on each other. My inexperience perhaps but I've not learned yet how improve a shot like this without overdoing it, making it too arty and losing the serendipidy quality that makes street photography interesting.

Last edited by geezer52; 10-07-2009 at 10:42 AM.
10-07-2009, 04:36 PM   #2
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome and thanks for sharing the story behind the pic.
Certainly captures the moment.
A little too much on the yellow side but otherwise goo.
I see you weren't the only ones taking photos there...
10-07-2009, 04:40 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by geezer52 Quote
I spend most weekends at a California skydiving drop zone where my wife is an instructor. I've been using the opportunity to take shots for their website's "Around the Drop Zone" section. For the most part it's something akin to street photography. This past weekend I captured the shot below, near sunset so the golden glow is honest. I've cropped the shot a tad, slightly tweeked exposure, and resized. Otherwise it's as delivered from the camera. Thanks for the feed back and suggestions. Just a comment on the picture as it is - I like how the tree and branches in the background sort of visually make a frame around the couple and how everyone else in the photo is busy or obviously focused on something else and the couple is only focused on each other. My inexperience perhaps but I've not learned yet how improve a shot like this without overdoing it, making it too arty and losing the serendipidy quality that makes street photography interesting.

I also came to think of street photo even before reading your text. Nice capture! Fantastic light!

"Oh honey, good to see you again! I'm always so happy when you survive!"
10-07-2009, 04:51 PM   #4

Photos: Albums
Great moment!

The lady in the black dress jumped dressed up like that?

10-08-2009, 09:18 AM   #5
graphicgr8s

Nice color. You caught the couple at the right moment. Love the expression on her face.
« The Hammer | storm »