Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-20-2009, 07:52 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Nailed It?
Lens: 90 mm Macro Camera: K200D ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/125s Aperture: F6.7 

While I have a limited concept of the tech side of my Camera's - I am never very sure of what works in the final result. Any pointers would be helpful - In general I am happy with the shot - But I am wondering what I could have done to make it better?

Devs

10-20-2009, 08:04 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I like it, sorry I can't provide any feedback but I did want to say I like the shot!!

I guess I would like to see some difference in color, a wider range of saturation and contrast. The nail might be even too similar to the wood.
10-21-2009, 03:45 PM   #3
Damn Brit

A higher perspective would be better and lit from a different direction such that you would have a complete shadow. The other nail intersecting the main subject is a distraction and so is the bottom right corner.
10-27-2009, 11:40 AM   #4
K-9
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I like it, it looks very 3-d. The other nail behind it is a tad distracting. Hacksaw that one off and shoot again!

10-27-2009, 05:21 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
devs, generally our eye follows visual information from upper left to lower right. A 90 degree rotation of the view and crop would give us that , but you might have to take out what is now the lower right
shadow to make it work. Not better, just different,
Brian
10-31-2009, 09:53 AM   #6

Photos: Gallery
I agree with the others about the second nail being distracting. Hack it off and try another shot. Maybe rotate the board if you are using sunlight to try to give more perspective on the shadow (full shadow, shadow running the length of the board,etc) and play around with the idea and see what works for you. Me personally I think without that second nail it is a pretty cool shot. Take it for what its worth.
11-12-2009, 08:16 PM   #7

Photos: Gallery
Great 3d effect!
The second nail does distract, but it did not jump out and bother me right away. I like concentric circles in the wood, too.