Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-17-2009, 03:58 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Landscape
Lens: 18mm Camera: K10 ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/500s Aperture: F8 

First-I truly appreciate the members here for their participation. It is nice to look at other's critiques as well to give me some perspective. Thanks in advance.

I've been kicking around some PP programs and wanted to get a perspective. This was a bit flat but I was able to kick it up a bit in Corel Photopaint. It has an auto-correct of sorts and it adjusted the photo automatically for brightness, color and intensity. Let me know if it is over-done? I'm new so this looks "just great" to me!

Last edited by J-Rod; 11-17-2009 at 04:11 PM. Reason: I can't see the image....sorry. Got it now!
11-17-2009, 05:36 PM   #2
Damn Brit

It looks overdone to me. Is you're monitor calibrated? If not, you are probably seeing something completely different to most of the rest of us.

From a composition point of view, the ideal shot from this (to me) would be, if you crop it as I say, you'll see what I mean - Crop a little from the bottom, then you'll have a diagonal coming out of the bottom left hand corner. Crop a little from the right to remove that little piece of hill that starts going downhill out of the frame. Crop the sky down to the top of the right hand diagonal cloud, there's too much sky.
11-17-2009, 08:01 PM   #3
K-9
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Too much blue. Try toning that down.
11-17-2009, 08:27 PM   #4

Original Poster

DB--crop per your instructions. My monitor isn't calibrated but I think it is close. I thought it was a bit "overdone" but also thought it looked decent. I do like it with your crop. I also tempered the blue by decreasing the contrast slightly.

Thanks!

11-17-2009, 09:39 PM   #5
Damn Brit

You have had your first composition lesson Grasshopper.
Now the trick is to get it like that without having to crop.
11-18-2009, 07:45 AM   #6

Original Poster
Thanks! It truly does look better. I appreciate it and will work on not cropping in the future. I think I can make it happen!
11-20-2009, 03:39 PM   #7
Veteran Member

The blue in the sky and in the distant mountains still needs to come down. I think part of the problem is that even the clouds have a blue cast and this makes everything else look off. If they didnt have the color cast, the rest of the blue might look ok.

I'd also pull some yellow out of the midrange mountains and the foreground.

Like the composition though. original is OK, 2nd much better...

Mike