Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-21-2009, 05:11 PM   #1
Inactive Account

A Fall Walk
Camera: K 200D 

Most of the time when I'm processing photos, I try to make the shot look as I saw the scene through the viewfinder... In this case, tried my hand at a more "dreamy" quality. It's not too dramatic, but I kind of like the soft result and colors... What do you think?

11-21-2009, 05:54 PM   #2
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The low clarity setting to create this look does work, but the scene itself doesn't quite grab my attention.
I do like the different shades of colours and tonal range.
Pleasing result.
11-22-2009, 07:08 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
ditto...the scene needs a subject or point of interest to stand on it's own. Someone walking or a kid on a bike would work for me. Otherwise nice effect and pleasing colors.

cheers
11-22-2009, 03:47 PM   #4
Forum Member

the "dreamy" look isn't generally something I like, but that's personal taste. In terms of composition, I like the range of color.

One thought that ocurred to me, what if the leaves became the foreground, and the image weren't cropped so tightly on the top (perhaps a bit more on the bottom), giving an "empty path" feel, instead of the leaves being the primary target of the shot? (Maybe it wouldn't turn out the way I'm envisioning it in my head, just a thought.)