Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-22-2009, 06:41 PM   #1
Forum Member

B&W boat on the water
Lens: Not sure, manual lens, probably in the mid 100 range Camera: K100D ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/4000s Aperture: F4.5 

This is processed in black and white, with the red channel pulled way up, as there was a lot of haze when taking the image. I'm not sure how I feel about it, perhaps too dark, but it seems as though there's not enough variation in color.

11-22-2009, 06:51 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I like the weighted and yet balanced comp, I like the overall scene but wish you had included a bit more land or a bit less water as my eye jumps from the rocks in the water to the boat, not knowing what exactly is the main subject (boat or scenery with boat in it).

Seems pretty foreboding and dark for something I'd prefer to see lighter and brighter as it seems to be a fairly bright and fun late fall's sail you were documenting.

Thanks for posting, nice image overall.
11-22-2009, 07:56 PM   #3
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A good B&W conversion, though as you mentioned, a little on the dark side.
Watch the horizon, and have the image composed with the water horizon on the bottom third, as Anthony suggested - this will greatly improve the framing.

A fine scene.