Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-06-2009, 09:30 PM   #1
Forum Member

Fog Over the Field
Lens: 35mm Camera: K100D ISO: 400 Shutter Speed: 1/15s Aperture: F9.5 

I'm not sure I like how blue it turned out, thoughts?

12-06-2009, 09:59 PM   #2
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by summatusmentis Quote
I'm not sure I like how blue it turned out, thoughts?
That'll be your White Balance, I'm assuming you used Auto WB and while it works for a lot of situations, it won't work for all that's why it's always best to check. Most PP software will enable you to correct this image to some extent.
As for the picture itself, not very interesting. The really interesting subject matter in those conditions are the leafless trees looming like ghosts. Get closer so that they populate more of the sky and shoot up through them.
Unless you've got something interesting in the foreground, a shot like this doesn't really benefit from having one. Having said that, for this particular shot, if you had got closer to those trees and then got down on the ground to shoot up through the grass and on through the trees, that kind of thing would work.
12-06-2009, 11:02 PM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
I was very unsure about posting this, because of exactly what you said. I felt like perhaps the trees themselves were interesting enough that the forground wouldn't matter, but I agree, there's not a lot to look at.

Thanks for the feedback on the WB/overall.
12-16-2009, 10:00 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The earlier post was on target for doing it differently next time, but I think there is an image hiding in this photograph that you can dig out. This is a case of less is more. Personally I'd crop out about two thirds of the image and bring out the ghostly trees. If you're interested, send me a PM and I'll bounce back a cropped version to look at,
Brian

Last edited by FHPhotographer; 12-16-2009 at 10:16 PM.