Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-09-2009, 10:52 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Hospital
Lens: 55mm Camera: K-x ISO: 1600 Shutter Speed: 1/45s Aperture: F5.6 

This was sort of an impromptu shot taken while visiting at the hospital. I really liked how it turned out but am curious what others think of it as a portrait, technically speaking.

Thanks in advanced!

Attached Images

12-09-2009, 11:17 PM   #2
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It's a sharp portrait with a slight imbalance to the lighting. The background's bright whilst the subject is dark.
His look isn't very engaging and the space above his head not all that important - would have come out better with a glance to the camera and a slightly lower perspective.
12-10-2009, 12:52 AM   #3
Damn Brit

He should be over to the right hand side more and higher in the frame because he is looking to his right. That way, there is space in the image for the viewer can follow his gaze and wonder what he is looking at, that would add some narrative to it.
12-10-2009, 11:03 AM   #4
K-9
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Yes, slightly higher in the frame would have helped. Hopefully, you knew this person, because if there's one form of "street" photography I wouldn't condone, it's in a hospital setting. Their right to privacy would be seriously violated if you didn't get permission.

12-10-2009, 11:42 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for the feedback guys!

QuoteOriginally posted by K-9 Quote
Hopefully, you knew this person, because if there's one form of "street" photography I wouldn't condone, it's in a hospital setting. Their right to privacy would be seriously violated if you didn't get permission.
No worries, I know him! He's the one I was visiting.