Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-14-2009, 07:35 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Aspen Sunset
Lens: 18mm Camera: K-x ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/1500s Aperture: F6.7 

I wish I had captured the whole front wheel.

12-14-2009, 12:10 PM   #2
Damn Brit

Do you really want this critiqued?
12-14-2009, 12:22 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Yes, is that good or bad? LOL.... is it THAT bad? if so, YES! I want it critiqued.

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Do you really want this critiqued?
12-14-2009, 01:39 PM   #4
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
With 5 dSLRs, 6 film SLRs, a P&S and an array of good glass, you appear as if you're a well seasoned photog (or a well-endowed one)... why with all the requests for critique?

No need to feel unsure about your own work - self-critique is a more effective way of improving your skills. And as for this image, it looks good for the subject matter - perhaps it could have been framed with the whole wheel within the image. The tree complements the scene well, and is a good perspective.

12-14-2009, 01:40 PM   #5
Damn Brit

You've already picked up on the wheel. It's quite dark and although the car takes up half the frame, there's not enough detail for it to claim to be the subject. It acts like a lead in line taking the eye to a house in the distance. You'd have been better off getting closer and taking a shot of that reflection in the car door.
12-14-2009, 01:51 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I have always been one to seek improvement, no matter what my skill level is or what I think it is.

This is a pattern I seem to follow....example: I used to build racing engines, never had one come apart, used to win races all the time. But you will still see me on a forum asking about how to fix something on my vehicle, I know how to fix it, but maybe there is someone else that has a better way or sees something I didnt see? It doesnt matter if I apear to be a "noob", I just know skill and wisdom comes from never ending your search for knowledge. With all that said, I know I am not yet as good a photographer as I was a mechanic back in the day!

I want to be the best photographer I can be and I KNOW you guys are better than me! So I seek instruction.

The ones I have posted recently were photos I knew would bring out any shortcomings I had as a photographer. I suspected I thought they better than they really were. I have learned allot from this forum and greatly appreciate all the good information.

PS: Crap, am I up to 5 DLSRs now? .... LOL

Last edited by skid2964; 12-14-2009 at 01:58 PM.
12-14-2009, 01:58 PM   #7
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by skid2964 Quote

I want to be the best photographer I can be and I KNOW you guys are better than me! So I seek instruction.
That's good, just be modest with the number of critiques you ask for in one go.

And don't think we're any 'better' than you - just different.

12-14-2009, 02:04 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
That's good, just be modest with the number of critiques you ask for in one go.

And don't think we're any 'better' than you - just different.
Well, that was mostly all the ones I wanted critiqued. I have about 4 more but I will trickle them out later.
I will mainly post in the regular photos section and let someone speak up if they see anything very good or horribly bad.

Thanks again for all the great info!
12-14-2009, 02:24 PM   #9
Damn Brit

The reason I asked was because I'm concerned that people will just post here because it has less traffic than Post Your Photos. If that happens it's going to piss off the people who genuinely are looking to improve and it will also piss off the people who are taking the trouble to critique the images.
I've actually moved two of yours to Post Your Photo this morning. Sorry but if you look at them and also consider your comments in the post, there really is no incentive to take them seriously.