Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-14-2009, 07:38 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Cold Swamp
Lens: 200mm Camera: K1000 ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/180s Aperture: F8 

On the way to work, taken from my truck window.
Film was Fugi-G 100

12-16-2009, 09:21 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sorry, Skid, this just doesn't do it for me. I think there's a really interesting shot in there, but wholly a quarter of it on the left is just a solid black mass. I'd crop that out and play around with some post processing such as PS Curves or Levels and resubmit because there just isn't enough to "see" at this point to fairly critique,
Brian
12-16-2009, 09:31 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by FHPhotographer Quote
Sorry, Skid, this just doesn't do it for me. I think there's a really interesting shot in there, but wholly a quarter of it on the left is just a solid black mass. I'd crop that out and play around with some post processing such as PS Curves or Levels and resubmit because there just isn't enough to "see" at this point to fairly critique,
Brian
Thanks Brian, I see what you mean. I pass by this place every day. I think I'm going to go after it with the DSLR and see what I can come up with.
12-16-2009, 10:42 PM   #4
Damn Brit

This is a really nice pictorial style picture, if it was taken a hundred years ago with the equipment available then, it probably would have been thought of as very good. Yes it does suffer a little with the dark area on the left but not enough to ruin it. If you can get hold of an ND filter so you could increase the exposure without blowing out the sky I'm sure you can get a wealth of great shots from that spot. You should check it at different times for the best lighting conditions.It looks to me like there's also an opportunity of some nice reflection images from that group of three trees in the middle. Pointing the camera down to capture those would relieve the problem of the bright sky as well.

12-17-2009, 10:57 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Skid, I think Brit has a point about changing the POV to cut the bright sky and emphasize the reflections. Here's an example... on this one I pointed down a bit too much and lost some of the depth, but it gives you the idea,
Brian
12-17-2009, 01:18 PM   #6

I agree with the lack of detail on the left side. But to crop it out would lose the interesting light in the foreground.

steve