Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-18-2009, 01:18 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Post Process on a photo

I've done some post processing on a photo. I'd like some advices. I think that the sky is a little bit too blue...

Thanks.

The first one is the original JPEG from my k-x, and the second is the post processed one from a RAW file.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-x  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-x  Photo 
12-18-2009, 03:17 PM   #2

The composition of the two photographs is different, but ignoring that, I prefer the rendering from the jpeg. I don't have a problem with the sky but the raw processing has exaggerated the sharpness and contrast a bit too much for my tastes.

And that comes from someone who has never taken a jpeg in his camera in his life. Always raw (except when I ran out of storage space once).
12-18-2009, 03:22 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I'd agree you pusehd the sky too intensely blue. I think you had the right idea in cropping out some of the street, but I think you went too far there too.

BTW, since this is a pretty general request for critique as opposed to discussion of a specific PP technique, I'm moving this to what I think is a more appropriate forum.
12-18-2009, 03:27 PM   #4
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The sky is unnaturally a pure blue in #2.
#2's crop is a little too tight on the bottom edge IMO also.
Nevertheless, the rest of the colours in the image work well.

12-18-2009, 03:37 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
New version

I agree... maybe I cropped a little bit too much the original photo and the sky was a bit too blue. I made a modified version. I hope it's better this time.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-x  Photo 
12-18-2009, 03:40 PM   #6
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Good improvement, but again here the sky is less impressive than the original. Probably needs to be darkened a little with a mix of magenta and cyan (if you're colouring it that way).
12-18-2009, 03:48 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks Ash for those helpful comments. I'll work on this.