Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-10-2010, 11:03 AM   #1

Opinion on some pics..

These pics were taken with my trusty K100d Super, using Pentax M 35-70 bought from one of the fellow forum members...pls comment on the pics..the same lighting condition, set at 70mm and varying ISO- 800,3200 and 200 in that order. I changed the exposure few stops in LR, also adjusted the white balance. The camera fared poorely in WB settings. I shot RAW. It was taken inside my bedroom- with just a table lamp providing the illumination- no flash was used. I had the SR on for the last shot- ISO 200 as far as I can remember. Iused the manual metering using the AE-L button and shot in M mode. I had to crop the pics to reduce the size.

Attached Images

01-11-2010, 06:11 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Not sure what kind of critique you're looking for...

It's a very nice picture on the wall, and it looks like you held the camera very steady.

The white balance is bad, and since you used RAW, you should've been able to fix that when you converted to JPG, regardless of what the camera's settings were.

Other than that... it's a very nice picture on the wall (or did I already say that?)
01-11-2010, 09:36 PM   #3
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sorry Sagiboy, these are inappropriate for critiquing.
There's little in the way of technique or settings that are involved in the creation of these images.
Certainly, your WB is off - far too much magenta.
The ISO 200 is clearly the most detailed and best result, as you'd expect.
01-13-2010, 11:27 PM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks for the comments...I find the pic too warm too..but thats the actual color of the wall and the poster..if i try to bring down the temp-it looks kinda fake....thx again for the kind comments...