Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-07-2010, 03:32 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by henryjing Quote
Nice pic, espicially when they are in the final edtion. I am wondering what is the "Dodging facility" mentioned by Dan
Dodging is low- & mid-level lightening. In Silkypix Pro dodging is global. In other programs such as the GIMP you have a dodging brush which can be used to selectively lighten area. You can also apply a mask layer to restrict the action.

Dan.

03-07-2010, 04:04 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I used Lightroom 3 beta for the editing. I did use the adjustment brush - dodging the lighthouse and burning the sky in the lighthouse photo; and dodging the foreground and burning the water in the shot with the steps. There were a few other tweaks done in Lightroom. Thanks to those who suggested dodging the lighthouse - it definitely improved the shot. I still have a lot to learn about getting the most out of my shots using PP software - this will improve with time.
03-07-2010, 09:02 PM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by GingerBeer Quote
I used Lightroom 3 beta for the editing. I did use the adjustment brush - dodging the lighthouse and burning the sky in the lighthouse photo; and dodging the foreground and burning the water in the shot with the steps. There were a few other tweaks done in Lightroom. Thanks to those who suggested dodging the lighthouse - it definitely improved the shot. I still have a lot to learn about getting the most out of my shots using PP software - this will improve with time.
I used the Lightroom 2.6, but there seems no tools like adjustment brush in it. Or I am wrong?
03-07-2010, 09:10 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I haven't used Lightroom 2.6 but according to the Adobe website one of the features includes "local adjustment brush".