Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-26-2010, 05:49 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Honours set feedback sought
Camera: Pentax K10D 

(Whoops, sorry got to update this)

Last edited by CWyatt; 01-27-2010 at 12:26 PM.
01-27-2010, 06:07 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
You have asked a very difficult question, as we don't have the knowledge on what is considered good for the lower level "Licentiateship". However, I will try to give my impressions, which may not match those that will be reviewing your images.

The images presented have a random look to me, tight cropped faces, peoples backs, subject in the foreground, subject in the background. It looks like you are afraid to shot face to face with many of the subjects. I'm sure you were trying to be unobtrusive but it shows.

To strengthen the concept of young-middle-old in your series I think you need find a stronger common thread. One would be to focus the composition on the faces. Another possibility would be to focus the composition on the environment (young children playing, middle people busy, old people waiting or sitting). Or you could get a series of people staring at you, fully aware of the camera and what you are doing.

Hope this helps.

Tim
« ~~~ | sunrise »