Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-08-2010, 08:16 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Old Farm Shed #2
Lens: 16mm Camera: K200D ISO: 100 

Here's another take on the old farm shed I posted earlier in another thread. If you like, please let me know what you think of this image. Image has been cropped to 16:9, in an attempt to place more emphasis on the shed and show less sky. Also added a slight tone...

cheers,

Last edited by goddo31; 02-08-2010 at 06:25 PM.
02-08-2010, 01:15 PM   #2
Damn Brit

I like this one better Jason. It's still not taking advantage of the detail though but that could be how it's downloaded. It looks like it's wider than 900 pixels, the forum software is probably messing with it. Try changing the IMG tags to IMGWIDE, there should be an improvement even if it's slight.

Back to the picture, the change in perspective makes all the difference, it's still looming quite large and it's still standing but showing it's insides also displays it's weakness, I'm also picking up a feeling of desperation that I didn't in the other. You could still boost the contrast and brightness (about half as much as the contrast I think) to make it appear a little more bleak IMO.

Last edited by Damn Brit; 02-08-2010 at 01:23 PM.
02-08-2010, 01:50 PM   #3
juu
Veteran Member

This works a lot better for me as compared to the other photo, mostly because of the change in perspective as Gary explained, but also the contrast/B&W conversion seems better.
02-08-2010, 02:49 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Now THAT looks rickety! Loving the contrast, and lots more visible detail. I just caught myself peering into the dark interior to see if I could make out what's in there, even though I know it's just a picture.

Last edited by GoremanX; 02-08-2010 at 05:47 PM.
02-08-2010, 06:56 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks guys, once again your input is greatly appreciated.
After reviewing this one last night, I thought the composition was a bit better than the first, hence starting PP on it. This one also seemed a bit sharper than most of the others from this shoot. The perspective I shot this from was a lot higher than my first photo, close to standing position.

Gary - I do feel that I lost a significant amount of detail in the resizing and upload, but perhaps this could just be that the original is a lot bigger and easier to see the detail.
Thanks for the help, much appreciated, cheers.
12-16-2010, 11:33 PM   #6
Inactive Account

On the mention of perspective: one should usually attempt to have the lens at the height of middle of the subject. Also a tall person should get lower so the view is what an average height person sees and visa versa. If taking a photo of a subject close to the floor, lie on the floor to take the picture. Try the variations and observe the perspective effects.
12-17-2010, 07:37 AM   #7

Looks like one of the old dust bowl era photos. Nicely done

12-18-2010, 05:20 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Wow, I posted this quite some time ago. Thanks for the additional comments! Cheers