Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-13-2010, 03:30 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Vancouver 2010 Olympic Torch Relay
Lens: 30mm Camera: K200D Photo Location: Vancouver, B.C. ISO: 400 Shutter Speed: 1/125s Aperture: F4 

With the torch in Vancouver, I got up a little early before work to check out the relay. I took about a hundred photos and barely any turned out well enough... Here's one that I cropped and messed around with in PS. Let me know what you think... I was holding my camera above my head and shooting blindly!

Great atmosphere here for the games!

Attached Images

02-13-2010, 03:50 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I believe this guy is in his 90's. Nicely done. My family has been following this. I was out of town with it came through Maple Ridge. The opening of the games last night at GM Place was awesome. One of the best opening for a winter games IMO. Too bad about all the rain. JIM
02-14-2010, 02:14 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
It's been fun so far!
02-15-2010, 12:08 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
It's an interesting picture. I like the composition a lot, looks very candid. Not sure I'm terribly fond of the way your grayed out the background, there's some colour bleeding onto the b/w stuff around the torch bearer, for example around his hat. Since his hat is white, you don't have to worry about bringing the mask onto it, it'll stay white in b/w too. But to me, the combination just makes the picture look like a Photoshop fake, which is unfortunate.

02-15-2010, 03:17 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by GoremanX Quote
It's an interesting picture. I like the composition a lot, looks very candid. Not sure I'm terribly fond of the way your grayed out the background, there's some colour bleeding onto the b/w stuff around the torch bearer, for example around his hat. Since his hat is white, you don't have to worry about bringing the mask onto it, it'll stay white in b/w too. But to me, the combination just makes the picture look like a Photoshop fake, which is unfortunate.
Thanks for your input! "PS fake" if that's what you want to call it is exactly what i was going for.