Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-13-2010, 06:15 PM   #1

group of old mason/shine jars
Lens: 33 Camera: k10d Photo Location: nc ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/1500s Aperture: F4 

some bottles I found laying in the snow around this old shine still that is near my house.

Attached Images

02-15-2010, 12:18 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
It's an interesting shot to look at. But it needs a fair bit more contrast, and a whole lot more detail. For some reason, the lack of sharpness is making me reach for my glasses.
02-15-2010, 12:24 AM   #3
Damn Brit

It's spoilt by soft focus and also the perspective. A lot of the time, shooting something straight on just makes for a boring snap shotty image. If you shoot at an angle, you add tension. You mentioned the old shine still, why couldn't you have included that in the shot? Even if it was only small in the background it would have given the picture a narrative.
02-15-2010, 08:42 PM   #4

Original Poster
There really wasn't an old still around. I imagined these were from an old still site. These were shot off a road called "Apex Barbeque", Apex is the town, Barbeque was code word for still way back when. The only thing really interesting is a tobacco barn that I shot in my other thread. Damn Brit, when you say "perspective" can you please be more specific? I thought I was doing pretty good by rolling the jar that you can read "Atlas Mason" a little so that you can actually see the writing. What other perspective would you recomend?

02-15-2010, 09:37 PM   #5
Damn Brit

Read my previous post again. If perspective is mentioned, it usually means the angle from which you take the shot.