Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-15-2010, 01:23 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Resilience
Lens: 35 Camera: K-7 Photo Location: Island Line, Burlington ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/350s Aperture: F8 

This tree catches my attention every time I go by it. I keep trying to photograph it in different ways, this is my latest attempt.

02-15-2010, 01:51 AM   #2
Damn Brit

The picture is too centered horizontally IMO. If you can get below it someway so that you can shoot up and make the tree loom much larger in the frame I think it would make a good shot. It doesn't matter if you get more sky because it will just become negative space and also, you won't have the far shoreline dissecting the tree.
B&W might be a good idea as well, the saturated blues of the sky and water overpower the subject.
02-18-2010, 01:04 AM   #3
juu
Veteran Member

My first feeling seeing the picture was "it is a nice picture, it works". I think it's because the shape of the tree works very well when put on the right hand side. After reading what Gary wrote, I have to agree that these changes would make for an even better picture.

Perhaps saturate the orange to make it stand out against the blue which you can desaturate a bit?
02-18-2010, 01:06 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
I hope the scene still looks the same when I'm there next Friday, I really want to put this advice into practice. But the weather has been wonky lately, even for a Northeast winter.