Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-04-2010, 02:51 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Bow and Arrow
Lens: 16mm Camera: Pentax K-x Photo Location: Butler, PA ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/180s Aperture: F13.5 

Shot this of my friend in his backyard. Lit with an Alien Bee B1600 camera left at 1/2 power in a 28" softbox.

I feel like it could've been a much more dramatic image if I could've killed more ambient light but it was bright as heck outside and the K-x's sync speed is only 1/160 of a second.

Thoughts?

03-04-2010, 09:42 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I wanted to add something a bit off topic but figured I might as well say something on topic first.

I really can't see anything specific that i'd change except maybe to crop the right hand side just a tad so that the arrow is pointed directly into the upper right corner of the image. it's hard for me to critique this photo because it's too big for my netbook and I have to scroll up and down to see it.

Now, the off-topic part. Just wanted to say I used to travel through/near Butler at least twice a month on my way to and from IUP. That's one of the downsides of going to school with your high school sweetheart who also happens to get very homesick. ahhhh...the things you do for love.
03-04-2010, 09:45 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A polorizer or nutral density filter could give you 2 more stops on the ambient light.
« Chelsea | Yokohama »