Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-06-2010, 02:09 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Reflections of City Hall
Lens: 300 Camera: k10d Photo Location: Portland, Maine ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/8s Aperture: F5.8 

Here are a couple of images of Portland City Hall reflected off of a window of a building across the street.
Thoughts?

Here is one that shows a bit more of the building taken at 170mm

03-06-2010, 02:25 PM   #2
Inactive Account

I really like #2. Great photo, love the lighting, composition and abstract qualities.
03-06-2010, 04:54 PM   #3
Damn Brit

Good, I like them.
An improvement would be to try and reframe them a little better if you get the opportunity to shoot again, especially the second one because it would be nice to see the sides of the tower not cropped.
Lighting wasn't on your side from a shutter speed and aperture point of view but If you could use a tripod, I think stopping down and also getting those window frames nice and sharp as well might add to the impact and illusion.
03-06-2010, 08:07 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Thanks Gary and Drifter.
I will have a chance to shoot this again and will play with perspective and lighting a bit. Thanks for the input.
I have added another version that shows the frame of the window. My plan is to try to perfectly frame the window casing as well to add to the effect and see how that looks, the bummer is that the window is longer than the reflection so I will need to find a good point to crop from.

Attached Images