Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-07-2010, 01:20 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Hoya
ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/90s 

how best to take dense cityscape pictures? how do i make the sign pop?

thanks in advance!

Attached Images

Last edited by tokyoso; 03-13-2010 at 07:03 AM.
03-07-2010, 02:03 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
You could, with the original shot, use selective greyscale to make the sign 'pop'. Although, these shots are way too dark for my liking. Possibly also too complex to draw attention to something so small.

Can I ask, why do you want to make the sign stand out?
03-07-2010, 05:29 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Sure, no particular reason except Mr. Hoya decides to put up a sign in the middle of an urban mess and I wonder if it actually stands out because there is no other advertiser in sight.
Attached Images

03-07-2010, 11:24 PM   #4
Veteran Member

I love the idea of this picture, but I'm not sure if you can get the result you're looking for with this particular shot. The "HOYA" is just too small. I actually didn't even spot it until I scanned the image carefully.

03-08-2010, 05:31 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
The picture's composition makes it hard to make the HOYA sign stand out. The sign is facing towards the right which would lead your eyes to the right if it was dominant in the scene. I think the sign would work for you if in the upper right part of the photo (in the direction it is facing). As it is maybe color the HOYA red or orange, and maybe crop. I don't think you'll get what you want without going back and recomposing or finding another location to shoot from and get a different perspective, it may look more dominant shooting up or level rather than down at the sign.