Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-04-2010, 06:27 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Flowers
Lens: 80mm Camera: K200d ISO: 400 Shutter Speed: 1/350s Aperture: F9.5 

I shoot this photo today. I like the dof in this photo. The petals are nice and sharp. What would you all do diffrent with this photo? Thanks for any feedback, Andrew

Attached Images

04-04-2010, 07:18 PM   #2
Damn Brit

I think the conversion was a mistake for this shot because the flowers don't stand out against the background. I also think the aperture was too small, the background (which is very busy) isn't blurred enough and it's hard to see the separation between subject and background. Compositionally, I think it is too centered.

Having said all that, I like the look of the conversion you have done, I just don't think it's right for this particular image.
04-04-2010, 07:27 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
agreed Gary! I dont like the way the background takes away from the flowers. I have some other great images from today. i will prob go to shoot this photo again tomm. i would love to get it right. I shot this photo in the sepia. I was trying to think more about the comp but it is to centered. thanks for the comment and tips!!
04-04-2010, 08:57 PM   #4
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
One way to rectify this for next time is to either cast a shadow over the background area or choose flowers with a less distracting and more separated background to shoot.

04-07-2010, 06:49 PM   #5

Photos: Gallery
To me it was too bright. Like DB said, this could be due to the conversion. Everything is just sooo................. bright it is hard to tell one thing from another. Try doing another type of conversion and see if you can get some more contrast in there.
I think the DOF is fine, at least for me, but agree with the background being too sharply focused to be considered blur.
04-08-2010, 06:33 AM   #6

This picture needs color. I don't think the background could be made blury enough to not be destracting. Find some others with no distracting background or find an assistant to hold a black backdrop behind the flowers. meter the flowers and not the background.
04-08-2010, 12:49 PM   #7
Veteran Member

I agree with Gary on this one. I like the treatment to the photo but the flowers just don't stand out against the background of the image. Try shooting the flowers from a different angle so the background is not so distracting.

Cory

04-08-2010, 02:55 PM   #8
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks to all!!

I completly agree with what everyone has posted. I knew the background was to distracting. I also love the conversion just not for this photo. Even in color this photo would have had the same faults. Thanks again Andrew