Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-16-2010, 12:30 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Plus one on the point about the block in the front of the frame. In fact, it doesn't really add anything to the shot, so I'd just crop it out. Right now I look at the photo and my eye keeps bouncing back to it and getting nothing out of it. As someone else hinted at, I'd work on getting the other two visible trees to play a greater role in the composition.

Lastly, it's a beautiful sky, but a bit too much of it. Crop from the top - maybe a quarter - so that the sky is no longer a separate element but rather a void that the tree fits into to. If you go back, another way of reducing the sky is to not point the camera too far upwards as you take the shot. The unintended effect of pointing upward is that the walls and corners of the building are now falling inward - it's a little odd in the context of this formal composition.

In any case, it's a good shot, and kudos to you for seeing its potential. Very often we walk by things that deserve more attention!