Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-08-2010, 05:30 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
The view across the street
Lens: 70mm Camera: K10D Photo Location: PA-from my front porch ISO: 400 Shutter Speed: 1/750s Aperture: F11 

I usually only take pictures of people. But this was after two straight days of rain and the sky was amazing. This is the farm across South a bit from my house. Since this is new to me, I"m anxious to hear any suggestions/ideas/comments...Thanks for looking

04-08-2010, 05:53 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great sky. Glad it stopped raining for you. A polorizer would help make the sky even more dramatic giving more contrast between sky and clouds. Perhaps even a little different angle of view. closer, maybe stand about where the first strip of green is and get closer to the ground. mainly make the barn and silo a larger subject and still keep the great sky.
04-08-2010, 05:57 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Someone else recommended a polorizer too, I may have to look into that. My boys and I often hike through those fields, So I may have to take them for a walk and try to get closer. It's an Amish farm though, and they dont appreciate having their pictures taken, so I try to be respectful and not get too close when shooting. I'd lov eto get pictures of them working the field that is directly across from my house, but I don't want to upset them.

Thanks for the tips!
04-08-2010, 06:07 AM   #4

It's too bad they don't like their picture taken, even for art sake. Maybe some of the non-amish farmers would let you shot while they work.

04-08-2010, 06:10 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
yes, but it is much more interesting to see these massive work horses pulling the primitive looking plows, seeders etc...rather than modern John Deere and even the steel wheeled tractors that the old order Menonite in the area use. Maybe I can get one out of my bedroom window of the side of our house while the amish are working that field. I just feel weird taking their picture, even if they don't know it.
04-08-2010, 06:43 AM   #6

Use the longest lens you have and go for it. Post it here. You have some great subjects if you can pull it off.
04-08-2010, 12:29 PM   #7
Veteran Member

I like the overall photo, however, I think there is a bit to much sky in the image. If could crop the sky a little it would really improve the photo overall. Also, if you take this shot again try looking for a good foreground object that balances the whole picture.

Cory