Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-19-2010, 08:07 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Walk in the woods
Lens: 50mm f2 Camera: MV ISO: 400 

From the test roll again. Usually the rule is no pictures of the backs of peoples heads. While I was carrying this camera around, locked and loaded, I met a girl with a tattoo of a cat face on the back of her neck. I didn't have the balls to ask her if I could photograph it!

Edit: I will rescan this one. It looks much better on my scanner but I got dog hair on the neg. Gotta keep everyone away while I work.

Name:  009_17.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  104.4 KB

04-19-2010, 08:11 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Unfortunately I can barely see your photo, do you have a larger version to post? I love photos of the back of people's heads, I think there's even a Flickr group about it. Personally I think that it gives the viewer a kind of curiosity to what that person is like, without a face it's so much harder to judge someone in your own mind, instead you have to use the back of them, which can sometimes be even more revealing than the front. I really like this one.
04-19-2010, 08:15 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Sorry about the first attachment. I attached a thumbnail from my album by mistake.
04-20-2010, 06:24 AM   #4

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Could use a little more contrast in the trees. Are you doing your own developing and printing? Possibly let them get a little more ahead of you and include their legs.

04-20-2010, 06:04 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Gashog Quote
While I was carrying this camera around, locked and loaded, I met a girl with a tattoo of a cat face on the back of her neck. I didn't have the balls to ask her if I could photograph it!
People with tattoos generally want them to be noticed. If you are a fan just ask and see if they will oblige. I am not very good at this myself, but got a great shot this way once!
04-20-2010, 06:47 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I know where to find her.
I'll have a beer next door and work up the courage.

As for this scan, it is the drugstore image. Mine is darker and more detailed but it's hard to get a clean, sharp scan with the toy I have.
I originally thought the camera shutter was off or the meter out of calibration but it's the machine at CVS.