Cracking weather up the mountain this last week or so
Yep as a farmer I am officially winging about the lack of rain
09-03-2014, 04:01 PM   #8133
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by GUB Quote
Yep as a farmer I am officially winging about the lack of rain
If I hear a farmer say "drought" this year.....
09-04-2014, 12:28 AM   #8134
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Jeez Bruce, a bit parched, dry,un-moist,floodless,lacking in precipitation,dessicated, arid, withered,cotton-mouthed and dehydrated this last week eh..?
Reckon the barman's salting the barrel...

09-04-2014, 01:50 AM   #8135
GUB
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Don't ya just luv it-- Drove 45minutes yesterday to take some photos of extreme goat damage in the bush where our new walking trails are. Took a tripod, the K30 , 18-55 , 50-200, Ross' ol 17mm tokina , and spare batteries. Carefully lined up the spot where I had taken a photo 16mths ago so we could have before and after photos -- and click--- "no card in the camera"!!! Still sitting in my computer.
09-04-2014, 02:20 AM   #8136
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Hmmm, rude sailor words issued forth ..???
09-04-2014, 02:49 AM - 1 Like   #8137
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Don't ya just luv it-- Drove 45minutes yesterday to take some photos of extreme goat damage in the bush where our new walking trails are. Took a tripod, the K30 , 18-55 , 50-200, Ross' ol 17mm tokina , and spare batteries. Carefully lined up the spot where I had taken a photo 16mths ago so we could have before and after photos -- and click--- "no card in the camera"!!! Still sitting in my computer.
Darn...

K-3 has 2 SD cards, which is useful in this situation

09-04-2014, 03:54 AM   #8138
GUB
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bobD Quote
Hmmm, rude sailor words issued forth ..???
Na -- nearer to tears for being such a dickhead.
Was able to borrow a card out of the camera of a fellow tramper who was up there working on the track. But I didn't get the time I wanted on the task.
09-04-2014, 01:37 PM   #8139
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Oops, been there, done that. I missed the last night of Comet Linear in the evening twilight before it disappeared into the northern skies. Annoying.
09-04-2014, 01:46 PM   #8140
Pentaxian

50mm f1.8 af on tm
09-04-2014, 02:21 PM   #8141
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Transit Quote
50mm f1.8 af on tm
- you must be recovering mate - the news advisories have resumed
09-04-2014, 06:47 PM   #8142
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I've done worse. I arrived somewhere with my camera pack, multiple lenses, tripod, spare batteries -
but forgot the camera!
It was about an hour's drive from home.
I did have my video camera which can take 3Mpixel jpgs but its dynamic range is nowhere near as good as a DSLR.
09-04-2014, 07:04 PM   #8143
Pentaxian

I've done worser, got camera, card, batteries, lens, ...
forgot to go anywhere

---------- Post added 09-05-14 at 02:05 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by NZ_Ross Quote
- you must be recovering mate - the news advisories have resumed
this service only requires one hand
09-04-2014, 07:58 PM   #8144
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kiwizinho Quote
I've done worse. I arrived somewhere with my camera pack, multiple lenses, tripod, spare batteries -
but forgot the camera!
It was about an hour's drive from home.
I did have my video camera which can take 3Mpixel jpgs but its dynamic range is nowhere near as good as a DSLR.
This reminds me of the story of a very good mate who is a keen hunter. Many years ago another mate dropped him at the end of the road on the West Coast with a pack, a couple of days tucker and his rifle and ammo. After the car had disappeared around the corner (this was pre-mobile phone days) he checked all his gear......and found the rifle bolt was still in the boot of the car . He spent a very pleasant few days watching the deer poke their tongues out at him, as he tramped the river bed.
09-05-2014, 12:26 AM   #8145
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Fathers Day

Well Fathers Day for me is a couple of days early, when a nice package arrived from the USA. K-3 Grip and Flucard.

I really like the grip, it balances the camera up very nicely, and fits well to hand. Everything operates well. With the Pentax K-3 grip you get front and back scroll wheels, exposure comp. iso, AE-L, AF and green buttons - nice .

The Flucard also works well, and allows Liveview, remote touch focus and changing of aperture, shutter speed, ISO, exposure comp from the connected device - which can be smart phone, tablet or laptop. I was using my smartphone, and it worked very well. It took a few minutes to set up and then good to go. Images were good, in focus etc. I am planning to make use of it particularly for tripod landscape photos where you have everything set very low to the ground. No more crouching down to check and set everything. Very nice tech, and works well - same thing is available for the 645Z.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 5  Photo