Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-08-2010, 07:50 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I should be there. I guess I am a repeat offender, since free tickets arrived in the mail from Henry's....
I am keen to try the K-R and the 18-135mm. I actually put film in my 645 fuji yesterday in preparation for the weekend- I could also scare myself handling the 645D.

I'll see if Alfisti is around too. I know he has had extenuating circumstances recently, so he might not be, but you never know.

cheers

10-08-2010, 08:26 PM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by panoguy Quote
Well, if vizjerei isn't going to be there, k100d is now just a spammer, farfisa is lost on his small-format vision quest, and gooshin is just plain missing...
Please test out the K5 for us~

I haven't really touch my K10D for a while... too busy with my own wedding... I now understand why people say that It is once in a lifetime thing... who would want to go through all this wedding planning again?! XD
10-09-2010, 01:10 PM   #18
Inactive Account

Woah

QuoteOriginally posted by panoguy Quote
Well, if vizjerei isn't going to be there, k100d is now just a spammer, farfisa is lost on his small-format vision quest, and gooshin is just plain missing...

... I guess I'd better be there! Count me in.

But who will bring the epic beard and zeiss to the Pentax booth this year?
Dig that crazy beard, hey is Joaquin Pheonix still in town, that might do... Does anyone know if there will be a working, functional 645D there? That's all I'd be interested in at the moment.......
10-09-2010, 02:25 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by vizjerei Quote
Please test out the K5 for us~

I haven't really touch my K10D for a while... too busy with my own wedding... I now understand why people say that It is once in a lifetime thing... who would want to go through all this wedding planning again?! XD
That really is why you need to do it only once! All the best for your day, and much happiness to you both.

10-11-2010, 01:47 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm out for next Saturday. Off to a 1st birthday party.
Likely will be going Sunday. If anyone is free then, let me know.
10-11-2010, 05:31 PM   #21
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by augustmoon Quote
Does anyone know if there will be a working, functional 645D there? That's all I'd be interested in at the moment.......
They had a working, functional 645D at the previous Henry's show, so I completely expect one this time! Maybe even news about a release date in Canada?!
10-12-2010, 12:48 PM   #22
Veteran Member

@augustmoon, apparently canada gets their shipment early November one month ahead of the USA; i wonder where i am on hte wait list because according to Ned and like in Japan, supply is very limited just like Leica's S2 and M9

10-12-2010, 12:51 PM   #23
Veteran Member

i've handled a 645 in japan and at the henry's show earlier this summer. it acts and behaves just like a pentax camera would. the fun part is checking out the output, but inside the exhibition hall is certainly not ideal circumstances.

mark me down as a maybe for this one now. hopefully if the weather is nice i can check out some airplanes by the wendys after.
10-15-2010, 01:30 AM   #24
Veteran Member

post pics! I'm out of country but a shout out to all the fellow Torontonians!
10-15-2010, 07:04 AM   #25

The Toronto Bike Show is on Saturday so I don't think I'll hit the Henry's show until Sunday...
10-15-2010, 10:39 AM   #26
Forum Member

Anyone check out the show yet? I'd love to know if they have the K-5 and K-r there to try out! I'd also love to handle a 645D
10-15-2010, 12:28 PM   #27
Veteran Member

My beautiful girl, now my wife is getting me K-5 as my wedding gift no wonder I love her that much
10-15-2010, 12:33 PM   #28
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by vizjerei Quote
My beautiful girl, now my wife is getting me K-5 as my wedding gift no wonder I love her that much
Lucky you, and not for the camera!

I'm hoping I can justify one as a Xmas present to myself.
10-15-2010, 06:10 PM   #29
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by loafer Quote
Anyone check out the show yet? I'd love to know if they have the K-5 and K-r there to try out! I'd also love to handle a 645D
I'm pretty sure all three will be there - the K-5's and K-r's on pre-order have started shipping (and some received) already. These are no longer "prototype show models" it seems (firmware 1.0 has left the factory!) so now I also fully expect the SD slot doors to be open and waiting!
10-15-2010, 08:52 PM   #30
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Fuji seems to have pulled the free ticket link from the first post, so here's an alternate link from Henry's: http://www.henrys.ca/HenrysResources/Oct10_TorontoShow_E-Ticket_WEB.pdf

I had to try 3 times and update my adobe version, but did eventually get this link to work. You can always do a web search for the show to find other ticket sources if necessary (and yes, I did remember to print my ticket well ahead of time).