Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-30-2010, 11:28 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Toronto Mini Meet for the Henry's Fall show (Oct 15-17)?

Anybody interested in a mini meet for the upcoming Henry's show? With Photokina having run recently there is the potential for interesting new equipment to be there from several manufacturers.

The Photographic, Video & Digital Imaging Show

Here's a free ticket link (because honestly, who would pay $20 to get in?): http://www.fujifilm.ca/documents/2010_TorontoShow_ETicket.pdf

I emailed Pentax Canada and a rep replied with:

"We are planning to have samples of our new products at the Henry's show. However, we are not certain at this time as to what level of sample (ie block, preproduction, working etc) they will be. It will depend on what we receive from Japan."

Hopefully we will be able to confirm which usable samples will be there closer to the show.

I would propose Saturday morning at 10:30 am if people are interested in getting together as a group as it can be very busy in the afternoon.

If they are available, I'm hoping to check out the DA 35mm f/2.4, the DA 18-135, and Sigma's 85mm f/1.4. I'm curious to see what the DA 35mm looks like on my MZ-5n.

10-01-2010, 04:21 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I want to meet you guys again haven't had the right schedule for pass meets but i'm coming with Canon gear...lol all my DSLR stuff will be going to the kids this weekend.

Set a date. 16th might be good for almost everyone?

btw thanks for the free ticket link.
we also need to challenge those guys/gals in Singapore for turn out....JUST ONCE for Godsake...lol

Last edited by Clicker; 10-01-2010 at 04:40 PM.
10-02-2010, 10:00 PM   #3
Veteran Member

how long since the last real meetup. like a year ago? man the interest seems to have really died down. that or i've been much less enthusiastic about photography lately.

think i'm going to pass on this one, i went to the spring one and didn't see much for me.
10-03-2010, 05:08 AM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by k100d Quote
how long since the last real meetup. like a year ago?
That you attended? Might've been longer than that... (just kidding, of course, we all have lives!)

QuoteOriginally posted by k100d Quote
think i'm going to pass on this one, i went to the spring one and didn't see much for me.
Steinbeck and I got together for Doors Open this past spring - sure it was only an attendance of 2 (well, 3 if you count the Pentaxian who happened to be there as well), but we're trying!

I may be out of town for this Henry's Show as well, which is unfortunate as I'd like to pop the glue off a K-5 card-slot door and do some tests. I'm frankly afraid of trying the 645D, even though there's no way I could plunk down $11k+ for a camera!

10-03-2010, 02:20 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I think we've had a couple of enthusiastic Pentax shooters from past meets transfer to other systems, which means that they aren't spending much time around this forum anymore. Recruiting new blood sort of depends on new Toronto area Pentax shooters joining the forum and opting themselves into meets.

Are any of you in good standing at DPReview and able to do a cross post? Several of the people who showed up for the K-7 preview last year post primarily on DPR.

I wouldn't mind putting together a fall meet but I've been hesitant to organize something because I generally don't know if my weekends will be free in advance.
10-04-2010, 08:43 AM   #6
Forum Member

Will try to get to the Pentax booth at 10:30 on Saturday. Hope we can try out a K5 and Kr.
10-04-2010, 08:54 AM   #7
Veteran Member

i can do a group spam if you want to recruit more people

10-04-2010, 07:49 PM   #8
Veteran Member

crap, will be missing this one! The last gathering at the Henry's show was great definitely try the 645D if you get the chance. Prepared to be blown away haha
10-04-2010, 09:36 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I would be fine with a group email going out. Pretty much all of the significant details are in my first post.

Pentax Forums Mini Meet at the Henry's Fall show for any who are interested.

Come check out whatever recently announced new Pentax gear Pentax Canada brings to the show alongside fellow forum members.

Time: 10:30 am on Saturday October 16th
Location: the Pentax Canada booth in Hall 5 of the International Centre, 6900 Airport Road
Free ticket link: http://www.fujifilm.ca/documents/2010_TorontoShow_ETicket.pdf
Show info link: The Photographic, Video & Digital Imaging Show

If you can't make it out to the show Saturday morning, the free tickets should be good all weekend.

Further discussion in this thread: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/gatherings-photo-trips-groups/116534-toro...t-15-17-a.html
10-05-2010, 07:48 AM   #10
Veteran Member

consider yourself spammed
10-05-2010, 07:50 AM   #11
Veteran Member

sigh.. working 2 jobs try to earn money for the K-5 and stuff... need to pass this..
10-05-2010, 05:29 PM   #12
Pentaxian

Well, if vizjerei isn't going to be there, k100d is now just a spammer, farfisa is lost on his small-format vision quest, and gooshin is just plain missing...

... I guess I'd better be there! Count me in.

But who will bring the epic beard and zeiss to the Pentax booth this year?
10-06-2010, 08:46 PM   #13

I hope I can make it! At an entrance fee of free, I can't afford not to go!!

Pending my school workload for that weekend, I'm in.

Maybe I'll let my dad's Pentax-A 50mm 1.2 out of its cage...
10-06-2010, 09:16 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I think Gooshin discovered girls, so he's probably off spending his time and money on them instead of photography. Augustmoon moved on, possibly to Canon? I don't even know if he's in Toronto anymore.

I'm afraid I shaved my beard off over a year ago and I have yet to own a Zeiss lens so we'll have to find another bearded German lens aficionado.
10-07-2010, 04:42 PM   #15
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by thefragger Quote
Maybe I'll let my dad's Pentax-A 50mm 1.2 out of its cage...
Sweet! Don't drop it...

QuoteOriginally posted by Steinback Quote
I'm afraid I shaved my beard off over a year ago and I have yet to own a Zeiss lens so we'll have to find another bearded German lens aficionado.
Well, I know I can manage a beard by next weekend (going camping this weekend), but I sold off all my german glass except for the CZJ tilt/shift, which is a monster!

[EDIT] Bonus! For those (like me) who also have a Pentax that runs on AA's, there is an Energizer booth that will swap the batteries you have in the camera for Energizer e2 lithiums! Now to scrounge up some half-dead AAs and not my Eneloops...

Last edited by panoguy; 10-07-2010 at 06:54 PM.