Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
03-09-2011, 07:46 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Trip to Netherlands

Hi there,
I'm having a business trip to Netherlands (going through Amsterdam to Delft) and I'm having some extra time there to spend. I guess shooting pictures on some nice places will be better than spending the time in a coffee shop :-)
Any kind Dutch pentaxian to suggest what to visit and what to avoid? Meeting someone over a beer is also welcome.
Thanks in advance,
Jarda

03-09-2011, 08:04 AM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

When will you visit our beautiful country?

Apart from visiting the old city centres of Amsterdam and Delft you could also think about visiting the Keukenhof in Lisse (between Amsterdam and Delft), especially if you like flowers:

Homepage - Keukenhof - Lisse - Holland

However, the Keukenhof will be opened from the 24th of March, so if your visit is prior to that then I'm afraid that this is not of much help to you
03-09-2011, 09:09 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I'll arrive on 12th April early afternoon and leave on 16th in the evening. I'm taking airplane to Amsterdam and then most probably train to Delft.
I'm glad you country is beautiful. Much better this way than a trip to ugly country. :-)
Thanks for suggestion, I'll definitely consider Keukenhof.
Anything else?
03-10-2011, 01:07 AM   #4

QuoteOriginally posted by elho_cid Quote
I'll arrive on 12th April early afternoon and leave on 16th in the evening. I'm taking airplane to Amsterdam and then most probably train to Delft.
I'm glad you country is beautiful. Much better this way than a trip to ugly country. :-)
Thanks for suggestion, I'll definitely consider Keukenhof.
Anything else?
You can also find some nice views near 'Zaanse Schans' and the Kinderdijk if you like windmills, google them, I think the 'Zaanse Schans' is easier for you to reach if you are in the Amsterdam region.

03-10-2011, 01:27 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks a lot! Sure I cannot leave Netherlands without seeing both the iconic tulips and windmills.
03-10-2011, 06:54 AM   #6
smf
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I respectfully suggest that you allocate a great deal of time for Keukenhof unless you detest flowers.
And if you shoot RAW, bring extra memory cards for your digital camera. Carrying a spare set of fully charged batteries also would be prudent. (As you can see, I LOVED that place.)
Best wishes for an excellent trip.
03-10-2011, 11:12 AM - 1 Like   #7
Pentaxian

First of off all, what kinda photography are you into? People, architecture landscape?

Delft itslef is very nice , also do not forget Rotterdam. Yes it is modern, but there is so much work going on at the moment, that there are very interesting things.

Also Delfland is nice, it is mostly farmland between Rotterdam, Delft and Hoek van Holland on the coast.

Kinderdijk is very nice, but as an alternative, Schiedam has very nice Windmills, and it is very close to Delft (10 minutes with the train)

So let me know what kinda photography you are into, and I could give more detailed places to go to.

And As I am relativly close to delft, I might stop by for a coffee

ps, avoid Amsterdam, if you want canals delft does have them, and the ones in Utrecht are also super nice

03-10-2011, 03:31 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
smf: Thanks a lot, I only have one battery for the K-5 but it lasts a lot and I take the chargr to the hotel with me.

Macario: Very helpful, thanks a lot! I'm not good at street photography and people are not my cup of tea. Mostly urban or landscape. I guess I prefer nature but historic cities are also beautiful. Send me a PM and we can meet for a small chat over a cup. I'd like to.
03-15-2011, 04:08 PM   #9
Pentaxian

For historic cities, Delft is there in the top. ALso not too far away are Gouda (yep the cheese) and Dordrecht.
There is also enough nature if you look, Midden-delfland does have some nice spots, even though it doesn't look like it being nestled between the cities
04-23-2011, 12:47 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Here are some pictures I took there:
Holandsko 2011 - Jaroslav Houdek - KoffeePhoto