Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-28-2011, 09:08 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Houston/Galveston Pentaxians??

Check in. Let's see who's out there and put together a group outing. I suggest Armand Bayou Nature Center in Clear Lake. It's a good midway point between Houston and Galveston, and there are lots of things to shoot there. If we get enough people, we might even get a room to meet in so we can swap gear/stories/lies.

So, let us know who's here from the Texas gulf coast.

04-28-2011, 10:37 AM   #2

Photos: Albums
I'm not from the area, but I will be visiting League City in the second week of May.
I'll be bringing my K-7 and a few lenses with me on the trip, so I'd be interested in meeting up with a few Pentaxians for some shooting while I'm there.
04-28-2011, 10:43 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I am in Lake Jackson, Tx, I would be intersted in meeting up. I am a newbie to the field, it would be great too meet up with some Pentaxians and see what I can learn.
04-28-2011, 02:03 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by emetcalf Quote
I am in Lake Jackson, Tx, I would be intersted in meeting up. I am a newbie to the field, it would be great too meet up with some Pentaxians and see what I can learn.
Cool, make sure you join Gulf Coast Texas Pentaxians - PentaxForums.com.

There's another member that's from Lake Jackson as well, Jer who goes by Sailor.

QuoteOriginally posted by jurysi Quote
I'm not from the area, but I will be visiting League City in the second week of May.
I'll be bringing my K-7 and a few lenses with me on the trip, so I'd be interested in meeting up with a few Pentaxians for some shooting while I'm there.
How long will you be in League City? I might could meet up one evening after work. I'm in Clear Lake and work on NASA Road 1.

05-04-2011, 07:06 AM   #5

I'll be arriving in League City Wednesday May 11 and staying for a week. I'll look to find out what would be the best day for me and get back to you. Armand Bayou sounds great.
05-07-2011, 08:58 PM   #6

Photos: Gallery | Albums
i m down at Port Arthur / Beaumont due to work now and will stay there for few months. I got most of my gear out here and i d like to meet up with pentaxian to share the fun. I am free on weekends and i hv a friend in Clearlake that he always has a guestroom for me to stay the weekend.
05-08-2011, 02:45 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hey Russ, as I indicated to you earlier - I'd be happy to get together.

Jer

05-10-2011, 07:46 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
How do people feel about getting together on a Sunday afternoon? Also, let me hear your suggestions on where to meet. Here are some ideas I had:

Kemah Boardwalk - lots of colors, people, food. Can be crowded and you have to pay to park.

Armand Bayou Nature Center - nice little nature preserve with a variety of things to photograph. Free parking, but you have to pay for entrance (around $2 -$4 depending on age)

Obviously there are unlimited places we could meet, so let me hear what you think.
05-13-2011, 04:25 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hey Russ - Sunday PM is OK with me, but I'll need a bit of notice - I can't be there this weekend (May 15). If you find you're "pushing a rope" with a group meet, maybe you and I can get together since I'm in Kemah often.

Jer
05-14-2011, 06:29 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks Jer. Right now I'm thinking of a Sunday afternoon in June. May is gone and early June is filling up fast. Maybe towards the end of June to give everyone time to plan.
07-28-2011, 05:51 AM   #11

Anyone in the general League City (or Houston/Galveston) area interested in a Pentax FA 43 Limited? I just bought it from a fellow user on the forum, thus have not used it much at all, but I was able to secure an early edition silver 43 soon after and I don't have much use for 2 of the same lens. It's in excellent to mint condition. I would probably want $500 to simply cover my purchasing costs. Shoot me a PM if you are interested, and I'll send some pictures or we could simply meet up if we're close. I'm only in town until Sunday morning, but am looking for a quick easy sale before I head out. Thanks, Justin.