Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-04-2011, 09:37 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photography classes/mentor near RI or Boston?

Photography has been consuming my life, I bring my camera (K-x) everywhere and I think about photography quite a bit, kinda like the samurai with his sword... but sadly all samurais start as beginners but through practice and having a sensei itll help them become the samurai master theyve wanted to become. I'm pretty new to photography, Ive bought a book Understanding Exposure which is great but I'm more of a hands on learner and when I learn something from a book it really doesnt stick kinda like cooking with a recipe for the 1st time or traveling to a unknown place with a map, while the info is right in front of you its ok but take it away and youre scratching your head.

I'm looking to either take some photography classes or have make a new friend/mentor that will teach me the ropes and help me out. I've looked at some photography classes in the past it was kinda confusing... like ive seen photo/camera shops offer classes... is that different than taking a photography course? what are the benefits of taking one versus the other?

I'm in the Worcester/RI area but can also make the troop to Boston isnt a problem.

Thanks for any help you can give, also i apologize if this isnt in the right section, maybe this shouldve gone in beg. corner.

07-19-2011, 06:54 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Check out the Maine Photographic Workshops!! Great crew up here and certainly enough content. There are great 1 and 2 week workshops with some great people and incredible wealth of knowledge.

Now named the Maine Media Workshops....but will always be "Photographic" in my heart

Maine Media Workshops and Maine Media College | Maine Media