Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-24-2012, 10:25 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
if the weather continues like today there won't be much ice. a protest against Ford.....there should be one every week lately
not many of us who live downtown are very enamoured of fat boy
Never thought I'd miss Mel Lastman

rally info

Fire Rob Ford Rally at City Hall

02-24-2012, 11:32 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
LOL, i'm a fatboy fan

I think the ice will be okay tomorrow just long enough for the group to get photos of the activities.

There's also a rally at Ontario Place, to save it from being redeveloped into something else. I may not bring my Canon system the bag weighs a tonne to me

Sexapalooza is on later down at the Intl Center but i don't think photography is permitted by the general public attending. I've always wanted to visit for some photography.

http://www.sexapalooza.ca/shows/toronto_2012

Last edited by Clicker; 02-24-2012 at 12:31 PM.
02-24-2012, 09:06 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
See you guys/gals tomorrow...all my batteries are charged.
02-25-2012, 05:45 AM   #19
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Clicker Quote
See you guys/gals tomorrow...all my batteries are charged.
Just been told my grandchildren are coming to TO to see us. Not sure of there schedule yet. May have to miss ice sculptures. If possible please post your location so I know where you are or call my cell.

Last edited by mike7fa; 02-25-2012 at 07:48 AM.
02-25-2012, 05:00 PM - 1 Like   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
It was COOOOOOLD *it was great meeting fellow Pentax forum members, hope to see you all again soon*

but we bought some pie for you mike7fa

Some of the sculptors hard at work

The Greeters giving out a promo bag and brochure of the event and some of the tents on the street

Last edited by Clicker; 02-25-2012 at 05:16 PM.
02-25-2012, 05:31 PM   #21
Marketplace Reseller

Excellent shots Clicker... I have to wait till Monday night before i can start scanning my 645 negatives... out of 30 i had 18 underexposed by 2 stops... oh well
02-25-2012, 06:05 PM   #22
Veteran Member

I won't pull my memory card out until tomorrow, but I did power up the film bodies for a function test. Both seem to have cracked mirror drive gears so they'll make for a fun repair project once I pick up the replacement parts and get some free time. I must have been walking down the wrong side of the street since I don't remember the pastry booth.

02-25-2012, 06:13 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Steinback Quote
I won't pull my memory card out until tomorrow, but I did power up the film bodies for a function test. Both seem to have cracked mirror drive gears so they'll make for a fun repair project once I pick up the replacement parts and get some free time. I must have been walking down the wrong side of the street since I don't remember the pastry booth.
Dam i even treated that guy whom i got the 7 from with a coffee and doughnuts at the Timmie we met up at.

Okay folks make sure you buy from the Buy and Sell section in this forum, i've never gotten a bad product (not that i would know)

I'll make it up to you Steinbeck next meet i'm out at.

@ MightyMike...can't wait to see some of those images will checkout that other place but as a lurker
02-25-2012, 06:30 PM   #24
Veteran Member

I'm certainly not worried about it, the drive gear on almost all of the MZ series bodies suffered from a materials flaw that could cause them to crack at any time whether the camera was being used or not. There's a good write up in the film section on how to do the repair. I'm still up two film bodies (and lenses) from where I was this morning, plus I have a fun side project to test how well my soldering skills have held up.
02-25-2012, 06:32 PM   #25
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Steinback Quote
I'm certainly not worried about it, the drive gear on almost all of the MZ series bodies suffered from a materials flaw that could cause them to crack at any time whether the camera was being used or not. There's a good write up in the film section on how to do the repair. I'm still up two film bodies (and lenses) from where I was this morning, plus I have a fun side project to test how well my soldering skills have held up.
Like i said, i just "click" lol but have fun.
02-26-2012, 06:46 AM   #26
rhe
Closed Account

Thanks Clicker for setting up this excursion! Enjoyed meeting everyone and seeing your pictures so quickly.

I am still a novice at posting pics but will give it a go in the next few days.
02-26-2012, 07:15 AM   #27
Pentaxian

Where's the big group photo with the greeter babes draped all over one of you? You guys have never been to the auto show with a High school class, or you'd know how to do this.
02-26-2012, 08:26 AM   #28
Veteran Member

Original Poster
My impromtu group shot looked great on the camera's screen but being the P&S pro i am with the fisheye...everyone outside of the center is out of focus

BUT might post it up in the group photo section as i really didn't get an ok from the guys...not that you'll recognize any of them being blurred...lol

I know theres a photo of me that ok to post and i have one of Steinback in action...lol

@rhe, it was great chatting with you and Robin i hope you guys can come out to hopefully a bigger group outting as we didn't get to finish a few chats, i also learnt a feature on the K5 that i didn't even knew about from mightymike...i just might have a K5 next meet.

Last edited by Clicker; 02-26-2012 at 08:33 AM.
02-28-2012, 08:59 PM   #29
Veteran Member

First set of photos:

02-28-2012, 09:25 PM   #30
Veteran Member

Original Poster
No one told me some lady was giving "tongue"...lol

very nice set.