Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-18-2012, 09:47 PM   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
World Pentax Day #12: June 23, 2012

The next World Pentax Day will be held on Saturday, June 23rd, 2012. Please post here if you have any questions!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

02-19-2012, 12:45 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Second link for the gallery should say opens 6/23.
02-19-2012, 04:51 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
That would be the date!

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

05-25-2012, 12:11 PM   #4

Photos: Gallery
Does anyone know where the book is from the Feb World Pentax Day? Wasn't there supposed to be a book compiled/published?

06-13-2012, 08:57 PM   #5

Where can I find the list of the winners that will be in the book? Who won?
06-22-2012, 06:37 AM   #6

Hello. Please tell me who won. I do not want to buy a book and not know who won. How hard is it to put a list on this site with the winners names.
06-25-2012, 03:00 AM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by canoetripper Quote
Does anyone know where the book is from the Feb World Pentax Day? Wasn't there supposed to be a book compiled/published?
The book is found here:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/news/15-off-the-world-pentax-day-book.html

QuoteOriginally posted by Mcnallyimages Quote
Hello. Please tell me who won. I do not want to buy a book and not know who won. How hard is it to put a list on this site with the winners names.
Here are the winners: World Pentax Day Book Now Available! - Pentax Camera News & Rumors - PentaxForums.com

Don't forget to use the code PENTAX15OFF when ordering your book.

Adam

06-25-2012, 03:03 AM   #8
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
If you participated in WPD on 6/23, don't forget to upload your photos before July 8th! Here's is the event gallery- just click on "upload photo":

World Pentax Day: June 23, 2012 - Pentax User Photo Gallery

Adam

07-02-2012, 01:06 PM   #9

Closes at midnight July 7th then?

Last edited by oldlens; 07-02-2012 at 01:16 PM.
07-03-2012, 11:20 AM   #10

Where is the list of the winners from the book contest. Please post the list. What is the deal?
07-06-2012, 10:48 AM - 1 Like   #11
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Uploads for WPD 12 close on the 8th, as in the first post. The book giveaway winners have all been announced on the homepage, and have been PM'd.
07-12-2012, 09:46 PM   #12
mee
Pentaxian

What happens to the proceeds of these books? Do the copyright holders of the photographs included get compensated % for the sales in the window it is sold?
07-12-2012, 10:15 PM   #13

Perhaps a person just can make the choice to not participate in being part of the book? In groups I am in - these books are usually well received as a nice project. As far as proceeds, I believe there are none. Awaiting Adam on this, I think there is another thread that is just about the book though .......... could be along wait here!
07-12-2012, 10:17 PM   #14

https://www.pentaxforums.com/news/world-pentax-day-book-now-available.html
07-13-2012, 02:49 AM   #15
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
What happens to the proceeds of these books? Do the copyright holders of the photographs included get compensated % for the sales in the window it is sold?
We entered all the featured photographers in a drawing to win a free book, which pretty much took care of the proceeds. As far as being featured goes, everyone we asked wanted to be in, so that was a very positive thing to see!

Adam