Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-26-2012, 10:53 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
New Social Group - Infrared (IR) photography

ntrao has created a new social group called "Infrared (IR) photography", with the following description:

QuoteQuote:
This group is for those who love Infrared photography and shoot infrared. Come join, learn and teach..
To join this group visit the social groups homepage where this new group will be listed.

02-26-2012, 01:06 PM   #2

Converting a body to IR

Do you know where I can get a K10 converted to IR in the US?
02-27-2012, 11:42 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
LifePixel seems to be popular for IR conversions but I am not sure they work with Pentax.
When I was researching about getting an IR converted body, I also looked into Spencers Camera and Precision Camera who both claimed to do Pentax body conversions.
Eventually, I went ahead and bought a full spectrum (clear glass) converted K-x from "lianglunche", a PF member who converts Pentax bodies and others overseas.
I'd Google for Pentax IR conversion. Also search here on PF as I remember a few threads with a similar question.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-dslr-discussion/3344-pentax-ir-conversion-2.html
Also see Flickr discussion in the Digital Infrared or Converted Digital Infrared Camera groups.
Good luck.
02-27-2012, 12:14 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I had my K100ds converted by Spencer's Camera in Utah. They did a good job although their communications leave a bit to be desired and they took several months to get it done. If you search this site you will likely encounter a number of opinions about Spencer's Camera Spencers Camera & Photo Digital Camera Infrared (IR) Conversions, Modifications and IR Photography :: Welcome

Personally, they did what I asked and delivered a product I use today now more than one and a half years ago. I had mine converted at the 680nm point to get a bit more color in my images. YMMV